DavidE2
Participant
Registered since

May 18, 2006

Re: S1 Pro battery draining when not in use

ST posted:

Hi DavidE2,

From my post above.

Please follow the link for more details.

Firmware 7.0.11

To all,

We've had a lot of posts in this discussion thread lately and you may not have wanted to get all the email notifications.

If you don't want to receive notifications for all the discussion in this thread scroll to the top of this page and Unfollow the discussion.

Then use the link below to a new topic where you can subscribe for official updates only.

S1 Pro Battery Drain - Follow this topic for official notifications (no discussions here)

ST

Ah, nope.  I think that was a different issue.  Mine were already up to date since May.

DavidE2
Participant
Registered since

May 18, 2006

If my battery is dead and I won't be using the S1 for a while, does it matter for battery life if I keep the battery in the S1 or is it better to take it out?

Michael M
Collaborator
Registered since

Aug 8, 2019

DavidE2 posted:

If my battery is dead and I won't be using the S1 for a while, does it matter for battery life if I keep the battery in the S1 or is it better to take it out?

If your battery is dead, you'll want to change it but not to 100%. For best life on lithium ion batter, it is better to be between 40% and 80%. I would do 75%. Then, I would remove the battery from the S1 Pro unless yours does not drain the battery when not in use.

TommyD33710
Advocate
Registered since

May 18, 2017

My battery, fully charged at 10 pm Saturday, was dead by noon on Monday when I next went to turn it on.   Iv'e used it ONCE on battery power for half hour .  Only a few months old.

ChrisMorgan
Participant
Registered since

Jun 18, 2019

This really is NOT good enough. These S1 Pro systems are obviously not fit for purpose and not as described in the product information.

Does anyone know the law on this? We have rights that would guarantee us refunds in lieu of a fix that Bose obviously have not found, one year on.

ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Chris M,

I understand you're unhappy with the way your S1 Pro battery drains when it's not in use for an extended time. I'm sorry.

Chris M posted:

This really is NOT good enough. These S1 Pro systems are obviously not fit for purpose and not as described in the product information.

Does anyone know the law on this? We have rights that would guarantee us refunds in lieu of a fix that Bose obviously have not found, one year on.

Bose Warranties vary by region to comply with local regulations. Please follow this link

Bose Warranty

Choose your country, region or area to view our warranty for that location. If your country is not listed below, please contact the local Bose authorized reseller.

Please also see Warranty in the Bose Pro Website (look near the bottom) where it says,

What is the warranty period on the S1 Pro multi-position PA system?

The S1 Pro multi-position PA system has a two-year limited warranty.

For those reading along:

The battery drain issue does not affect the performance at a gig. 

As with any battery-powered device, you want to check the battery level and charge it up if necessary before taking it out to a show.

The battery drain only happens when the S1 Pro system is off and not connected to AC power (regardless of the position of the power switch).

If you plan to leave the system idle for a long time, you can remove the battery. Please see: S1 Pro Battery Installation and Removal

Please subscribe to the discussion linked immediately below.

S1 Pro Battery Drain - Follow this topic for official notifications (no discussions here)

Sincerely,

ST

ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

To those who are subscribed to this discussion, you may have noticed that a recent post is no longer visible here.  I have taken the matter up privately with the author of that post.

ST

Cuki79
Registered since

Jan 26, 2018

Hi everyone,

I just noticed in the Bose S1 pro manual that sentence:

"The eighth digit in the serial number indicates the year of manufacture; “7” is 2007 or 2017."

Can the people who owns a "bad unit" share the year of manufacture of their Bose S1 pro?Thanks,Cuki

DavidE2
Participant
Registered since

May 18, 2006

Cuki79 posted:

Hi everyone,

I just noticed in the Bose S1 pro manual that sentence:

"The eighth digit in the serial number indicates the year of manufacture; “7” is 2007 or 2017."

Can the people who owns a "bad unit" share the year of manufacture of their Bose S1 pro?Thanks,Cuki

I think you can get the exact date in the Bose connect app. 

Yendor
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 15, 2019

Two units here. Both show the discharge issue. 2019, and 2018. The 2018 unit also won't show a completed charge at the flashing blue light on the unit until it's disconnected, turned on, shut off, back on charge and then it will stop flashing.