opusthe2nd
Registered since

May 7, 2005

Re: S1 Pro battery draining when not in use

Understood, but for the money, I'd expect better and I'd expect a better fix time than a year.

Sam_Spoons
Registered since

Sep 17, 2019

Yeah, me too.......

Sam_Spoons
Registered since

Sep 17, 2019

14 day update:- checked my S1 Pro again this afternoon and after two weeks it is down to 70% and the drain seems to be accelerating as it falls (it took over 10 days to fall to 90%, now, 4 days later it is at 70%). I need to use it on Monday so will have to charge it Sunday but will check it again before plugging it in.

Michael M
Collaborator
Registered since

Aug 8, 2019

Sam Spoons posted:

14 day update:- checked my S1 Pro again this afternoon and after two weeks it is down to 70% and the drain seems to be accelerating as it falls (it took over 10 days to fall to 90%, now, 4 days later it is at 70%). I need to use it on Monday so will have to charge it Sunday but will check it again before plugging it in.

That's pretty much the same as my units and, likely, all the others that have battery drainage issues.

Sam_Spoons
Registered since

Sep 17, 2019

I wonder if any S1's are free from the issue, you would never know yours had it unless you were prepared to charge it up and leave it unused for 10 days or more. Who is going to do that with a new toy? 

TommyD33710
Advocate
Registered since

May 18, 2017

is there any way to opt out of notifications on this topic.  I'd gladly pay money

Michael M
Collaborator
Registered since

Aug 8, 2019

tomdavisdotcom posted:

is there any way to opt out of notifications on this topic.  I'd gladly pay money

Go to the top of the page and deselect Following this Topic. 

ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi TomDavisdotcom, and others.

tomdavisdotcom posted:

We've had a lot of posts in this discussion thread lately and you may not have wanted to get all the email notifications.

If you don't want to receive notifications for all the discussion in this thread scroll to the top of this page and stop Following This Topic.

stop following this topic

Then use the link below to a different topic where you can subscribe for updates from Bose only.

S1 Pro Battery Drain - Follow this topic for official notifications (no discussions here)

To find out more about notifications - please see Email Notifications and Following a Forum or Discussion

Thanks,

ST

Sam_Spoons
Registered since

Sep 17, 2019

Time to ask again, my dealer has spoken to the UK rep who says there is a fix, Not sure what to do, they have offered repair, replace or refund........

ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi, Sam Spoons.

Bose hasn't made an announcement about global availability for repair. Please work with your local dealer.

Thanks,

ST