ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: S1 Pro battery draining when not in use

Hi DavidE2, and everyone reading along.

Yes, it looks like Bose returned the first S1 Pro without addressing the problem.  It's the weekend. I probably won't be able to get any more information for a few days.

For others planning to send an S1 Pro in for repair, Bose will need you to leave the battery in the unit when you ship it. Bose does not need the power cord, or slip-cover (if you have one). You can confirm that when you contact Bose Support. 

ST

Archtop_Eddy
Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 25, 2004

FYI: Post-Fix battery status... 

Dec 23, at 100 percent.

Dec 29, at 80 percent.

Approx. 20 percent battery drainage after 6-7 days. I haven't turned on the S1-Pro during these days except for the two times mentioned above to use the Bose app to check battery status. 

I will continue to keep you posted on further battery status.

Meanwhile, hasn't anyone else received back their S1-Pros?  Any feedback to share?

DavidE2
Collaborator
Registered since

May 18, 2006

Archtop Eddy posted:

Dec 23, at 100 percent.

Dec 29, at 80 percent.

Approx. 20 percent battery drainage after 6-7 days. I haven't turned on the S1-Pro during these days except for the two times mentioned above to use the Bose app to check battery status. 

Meanwhile, hasn't anyone else received back their S1-Pros?  Any feedback to share?

That is extremely disappointing!!!!   I would dig deeper and find out whether they returned yours without actually fixing it because I’d say that is NOT fixed.  

Archtop_Eddy
Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 25, 2004

DavidE2 posted:
Archtop Eddy posted:

Dec 23, at 100 percent.

Dec 29, at 80 percent.

That is extremely disappointing!!!!   I would dig deeper and find out whether they returned yours without actually fixing it because I’d say that is NOT fixed.  

I can't say I'm "extremely" disappointed.  While I'm hoping for better performance too, it still giving me four flashes and 80 percent after 6-7 days. For me that is an improvement over what I was receiving before.  Nonetheless, I'd say the jury's still out on this one.

As for digging deeper to determine if they fixed mine or not, I'm pretty confident they did.  They sent me a Repair Report indicating the parts they changed and the upgrades they performed.  I have no reason to believe they lied about this.

Frankly, a lot of the concern about the correct battery drainage rate could be addressed if Bose would give us an official statement about what they think that drainage rate should be.

ST -- could you see if they can provide such a statement?

rpease
Collaborator
Registered since

May 18, 2019

Archtop Eddy posted:
DavidE2 posted:
Archtop Eddy posted:

Dec 23, at 100 percent.

Dec 29, at 80 percent.

I can't say I'm "extremely" disappointed.  While I'm hoping for better performance too, it still giving me four flashes and 80 percent after 6-7 days. For me that is an improvement over what I was receiving before.  Nonetheless, I'd say the jury's still out on this one.

As for digging deeper to determine if they fixed mine or not, I'm pretty confident they did.  They sent me a Repair Report indicating the parts they changed and the upgrades they performed.  I have no reason to believe they lied about this.

Frankly, a lot of the concern about the correct battery drainage rate could be addressed if Bose would give us an official statement about what they think that drainage rate should be.

Not to take away from anything that has been said, but I hope you'll keep checking the discharge of your repaired unit. The battery discharge rate will not necessarily be linear. It's not impossible that the charge will slip down a bit and then discharge much slower thereafter. Seeing one drop is not a full check. I'm saying don't panic (yet). Anyway, I think you do have it in mind to keep checking and that would be good. We've all gotten so sensitized to this issue.

Just another fellow S1 owner. Cheers, _Roger

Archtop_Eddy
Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 25, 2004

rpease posted:
Archtop Eddy posted:
DavidE2 posted:
Archtop Eddy posted:

Dec 23, at 100 percent.

Dec 29, at 80 percent.

Not to take away from anything that has been said, but I hope you'll keep checking the discharge of your repaired unit. The battery discharge rate will not necessarily be linear. It's not impossible that the charge will slip down a bit and then discharge much slower thereafter. Seeing one drop is not a full check. I'm saying don't panic (yet). Anyway, I think you do have it in mind to keep checking and that would be good. We've all gotten so sensitized to this issue.

Thanks for your input Roger.  I do plan to keep monitoring as long as I can.  However, I just picked up a gig for Jan 3 so my testing may be limited. This is one reason I asked if anyone else has received their units back and were conducting their own drainage checks.

If I can, I may take my Bose compact to the gig so I can let the S1Pro sit for a longer duration.

Sam_Spoons
Collaborator
Registered since

Sep 17, 2019

That would be good. I will test mine when I get it back.

I will be extremely disappointed if they replace several components and update the firmware and my S1 loses 20%+ in a week! In my case they will have made it worse........

Just another potential issue, Yodel have recently decided that they will not carry any device containing batteries on their services unless they originate from a commercial customer so you may have considerable difficulty returning an S1 with the battery.

DavidE2
Collaborator
Registered since

May 18, 2006

And I’m down to 80%.   Got the return label.   But I want to use it tonight instead of the JBL Compact as I’m not comfortable with the app mixer eq yet.  I’ll ship it tomorrow before I hit the road.   

Sam_Spoons
Collaborator
Registered since

Sep 17, 2019

rpease posted:
Archtop Eddy posted:
DavidE2 posted:
Archtop Eddy posted:

Dec 23, at 100 percent.

Dec 29, at 80 percent.

My experience (detailed above) was that the rear of discharge accelerated over time not the other way, but it was a fairly unscientific test TBF.

DavidE2
Collaborator
Registered since

May 18, 2006

They shipped my second one back today.  I’ll be home in 6 weeks to check it out.