Registered since

Sep 17, 2019

Re: S1 Pro battery draining when not in use

ST posted:

Hi, Sam Spoons.

All new S1 Pro systems are covered by the Bose Professional Limited Warranty

Thank you.

ST

That does not answer the question, I will ask it again :-  Are all new S1 Pros guaranteed free of the issue?

Registered since

Sep 17, 2019

How can I feel confident that I will not have several months of testing, and sending back for 'repair' an expensive, 'premium' product should I decide to purchase another S1 Pro. I would love to think I could buy another safe in the knowledge that Bose have solved the problem but without the assurance that new S1s are free of the issue I don't feel I can buy another. I am very frustrated and quite angry to be treated this way.

Participant
Registered since

Jun 18, 2019

ST! Are you a politician? You didn't answer the question! Your answer suggests that the new units are not guaranteed to NOT have the problem. 

Registered since

Sep 17, 2019

One other thought, if updating the firmware is part of the fix why is it not done by Bose service when an S1 is returned for repair as is usual across the whole electronics industry?

Leader
Registered since

May 25, 2004

I think you guys are putting ST in an impossible position. Whatever his relationship with Bose he can't personally go beyond the scope of the official Bose warranty by answering your question in the affirmative, or the negative.

I understand the concern, but ST is not the person to pressure for the answer you want to hear. Take it up with customer service.

In my experience "most" warranty issues are handled on an individual basis.

If Bose were to give an official response to that particular question, I feel confident it will get posted here.

O.. 

Contributor
Registered since

Jul 19, 2018

Oldghm posted:

I think you guys are putting ST in an impossible position. Whatever his relationship with Bose he can't personally go beyond the scope of the official Bose warranty by answering your question in the affirmative, or the negative.

I understand the concern, but ST is not the person to pressure for the answer you want to hear. Take it up with customer service.

In my experience "most" warranty issues are handled on an individual basis.

If Bose were to give an official response to that particular question, I feel confident it will get posted here.

O.. 

I agree with Oldghm 100% 

Contributor
Registered since

Mar 16, 2015

I also agree with Oldghm.  I understand the frustration but ST should not bear the brunt of it. 

ST provides outstanding support to anyone seeking advice no matter how obscure the questions might be but he does not set official Bose policy.   Please keep this in mind.

Registered since

Jul 25, 2004

Also agree with Oldghm.  Thanks for your continued above-and-beyond support ST.

Registered since

Sep 17, 2019

I have no beef with ST personally but, as he is the sole Bose spokesperson on this forum, he is our only point if contact WRT information from Bose as to whether or not all new S1 Pros are free from the issue (which they will be if they have solved the problem and implemented a fix). If Bose will not state that that is the case, either via ST or another medium then the only safe assumption we can make is that Bose have not yet solved the battery drain issue.

I don't want to buy another faulty product and go through the whole process of getting it home, unable to use it with confidence until I have tested it to see if the issue is there or not, then if it is sending it back to Bose  for a couple of weeks for a repair...

Sorry ST, this is not a personal attack, you have been very patient but you are here to answer our questions and if you can't do so for whatever reason it's not entirely surprising that some of us are getting frustrated. I have had my S1 for around 6 months now and it has been out of use for testing or in for repair for not far off half that.

Participant
Registered since

Jun 18, 2019

I agree too - very grateful to ST for all the tireless, ongoing support. Thanks for being there for us all - I'm sure we all appreciate your help as much as I do! Cheers ST!!??