Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: S1 Pro battery draining when not in use

Hi, Dwenson,

Thank you for joining the Bose Portable PA Community.  Welcome.

Dwenson posted:

Thank you all for sending updates, it sounds very promising. I have the same problem with both my S1 Pros

Please update your S1 Pro systems to the latest firmware. (follow the link).

If you still have concerns, please contact Bose Support.

Bose® Product & Technical Support at (877) 335-2673
(U.S. and Canada only)
Monday-Friday: 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM ET
Other regions

but did not bother sending them back to Bose as they will just replace it with refurbished ones. 

Under the warranty, there are several options. Please follow this link for more information. Bose Pro Warranty

Also, you have concerns about how the warranty will be handled, you can discuss those with Bose Support.

ST

RogerMP
Collaborator
Registered since

May 18, 2019

I'm at 29 days since I updated the firmware and fully charged my S1 Pro. Sometime in the last 2 weeks when I last checked, it dropped from 100% to 90%. I'm very satisfied with that level of performance. 

Cheers, _Roger

Aaron_D
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 9, 2020

I've been quietly reading the posts, and just wanted to send a quick update, I am still in my "TESTING PHASE" after Bose fixed my unit, and I have the last firmware.  I am almost at 1 full month. Planning to hit around 60 days before I give the full report. But at almost 1 month in, just know that we're at 100% still... very promising indeed...

Surround1
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 12, 2018

They do not guarantee the battery will hold a charge longer than 30 days. I have downloaded the latest firmware and almost 3 weeks in fully charged. 

John_Ronna
Collaborator
Registered since

May 26, 2018

Me too!  Firmware update only. 

sparkysings
Advocate
Registered since

Jan 31, 2018

I’ve had both my S1 Pros sent in for repair twice Re: the Battery draining issue. The one I bought 1st in Jan 2018 was replaced when it came back in worse condition than when I sent it in. Stellar service from Bose on the replacement and after 2 weeks, it’s still at 100%. I’ll post the results of the latest repair on my 2nd unit once I’ve had it a month.

Archtop_Eddy
Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 25, 2004

sparkysings posted:

I’ve had both my S1 Pros sent in for repair twice Re: the Battery draining issue. The one I bought 1st in Jan 2018 was replaced when it came back in worse condition than when I sent it in. Stellar service from Bose on the replacement and after 2 weeks, it’s still at 100%. I’ll post the results of the latest repair on my 2nd unit once I’ve had it a month.

Hi sparkysings.  Just to be clear, your units have the new firmware, correct?

sparkysings
Advocate
Registered since

Jan 31, 2018

Yes, 7.1.5

DavidE2
Collaborator
Registered since

May 18, 2006

I can finally report on one of my S1 units.  This one was repaired (changed parts) and came back to me with the firmware update.  I charged it up on February 22, 2020 and have been testing it often.  On 3/7/20 it was still showing 100% on the app, but today, 3/8/20, the app showed 90%.  So, essentially 10% drain in 14 days.  Not exactly what I was hoping for, but it's a bit better than it was.  I'm in touch with Bose and awaiting a response.

I can't report on my second one since it went back twice and they didn't repair it either time.  Bose is working with me on that one.

Archtop_Eddy
Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 25, 2004

Sorry David to hear about the performance of your S1 unit.  I think a 10% drain in 14 days is below par.  Just to make sure: Did you check and confirm your firmware version using the Bose app?  If for some reason Bose didn't return it to you with the updated firmware, that could have a drastic effect.  Also, any chance you might have left it one by mistake between checks?  Just shooting in the dark here trying to figure out why your unit isn't keeping a charge.