Registered since

Jul 25, 2004

Re: S1 Pro battery draining when not in use

FYI: Today marks two full months (56 days) since I started testing the battery drainage.  Both my units are still showing four flashes and 90 percent.  I'm hoping to continue my testing until it drops to 80 percent. However, at some point I will need to start using my S1Pros again so I don't know how much longer I can hold out.  I just played three gigs using my L1 compact but I prefer to get back to my battery-powered S1Pros.

Again, to me the game changer was upgrading the units to firmware 7.1.5. I would recommend everyone ensure their unit have this firmware.

And BTW, thanks to everyone who's been updating the information here about their units.  The more we know, the better we can help each other out to assess the status of our units.

Participant
Registered since

May 18, 2006

Archtop Eddy posted:

Sorry David to hear about the performance of your S1 unit.  I think a 10% drain in 14 days is below par.  Just to make sure: Did you check and confirm your firmware version using the Bose app?  If for some reason Bose didn't return it to you with the updated firmware, that could have a drastic effect.  Also, any chance you might have left it one by mistake between checks?  Just shooting in the dark here trying to figure out why your unit isn't keeping a charge.

Positive on the firmware and definitely didn’t leave it on.  It’s in a bag and placed where it couldn’t accidentally be turned on.  

Registered since

Jul 25, 2004

DavidE2 posted:
Archtop Eddy posted:

Sorry David to hear about the performance of your S1 unit.  I think a 10% drain in 14 days is below par.  Just to make sure: Did you check and confirm your firmware version using the Bose app?  If for some reason Bose didn't return it to you with the updated firmware, that could have a drastic effect.  Also, any chance you might have left it one by mistake between checks?  Just shooting in the dark here trying to figure out why your unit isn't keeping a charge.

Positive on the firmware and definitely didn’t leave it on.  It’s in a bag and placed where it couldn’t accidentally be turned on.  

Got'cha. Thanks David.  Thanks for verifying

Registered since

May 10, 2012

Archtop Eddy posted:

Also, Peter, since you've upgraded your firmware, can you share with us if you'd sent your unit in to Bose for hardware fixes?  I'm curious to see if the new firmware works as well on units that didn't go back to Bose as it does on the ones that did.  Thanks!

So here I am. Good news: Both S1 haven‘t been touched for one month. Yesterday they showed 4 blinks after turning them on. Since my iPhone Bose app doesn’t work anymore, I don’t have a more precise figure I can present. 
The update worked great. I just hope there are no changes in the performance after the update. 

My S1 haven‘t been sent in for repair. The update was the single thing that caused the improvement. 

Registered since

May 26, 2018

It has been almost 4 weeks since I upgraded to 7.1.5 and fully charged my 2 S1 Pro's,  unplugged them, and currently remain at 100% charge.  Bravo.

Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 4, 2018

To John, yay! Thanks for sharing actual results on the battery issue. So good to hear!

Participant
Registered since

Jun 18, 2019

Good news, John! Has yours had the fix or just the firmware update?

Registered since

May 26, 2018

No returns, no repairs, only firmware update. That’s all it took. 

Participant
Registered since

Jun 18, 2019

Excellent! That's good to know. Enjoy! Cheers.

Registered since

Jul 25, 2004

That is good and useful to know.  Thanks John for sharing!