May 26, 2018

Re: S1 Pro battery draining when not in use

I think we can stop this now....

ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi, John Ronna (and others still following).

We've had a lot of posts in this discussion thread lately and you may not have wanted to get all the email notifications.

If you don't want to receive notifications for all the discussion in this thread scroll to the top of this page and uncheck Following This Topic.

stop following this topic

ST

DavidE2
Collaborator
Registered since

May 18, 2006

It’s all fine.   They were totally taking care of me.   We just got stopped in our tracks by the pandemic.  I trust we’ll conclude the saga once people can safely return to work some day. 

Everyone stay safe and healthy!

Sam_Spoons
Collaborator
Registered since

Sep 17, 2019

Maybe planning to do a little playing for the neighbours at some point, obviously the S1's will be first choice but I do have alternatives, including a little Epiphone Valve Junior I modified for battery power a few years ago (excellent for electric guitar or archtop jazz box) and a couple of inverter power packs (though, realistically, in that case I'd just run an extension cable from the garage).

Eddy, yours seem to be well sorted  They are still drawing more current in standby than they should if 'off meant off' but if they were all like that out of the box we'd never have discovered 'the issue' 

Sam_Spoons
Collaborator
Registered since

Sep 17, 2019

The pandemic does put things into perspective  little.......

Archtop_Eddy
Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 25, 2004

Thanks David for clarifying.  I'm sure Bose will take care of you in due time. In the meantime, enjoy your S1Pros!

Sam_Spoons
Collaborator
Registered since

Sep 17, 2019

Sam Spoons posted:

My second S1 fell below 90% after less than 21 days (>18 days, <21 days). Updated the FW and it has now reached day 23 and its still showing 100%.

Since I can no longer edit this post, I'm going to correct a senior moment, brought on by poor record keeping. My second S1 fell to <90% in less than four days, now, after updating the firmware to 7.1.7 it is on day 23 and still registering 100% in the app. Clearly that is a dramatic improvement.

CityFolk
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 4, 2018

Thanks for the report and correction Sam. Experiences such as yours are great to hear! I was worried about the second S1 I acquired, but after updating the firmware and some casual observations, things seem to be stable for me too. Which is great as I love playing through the S1s in the outdoor circumstances we are now playing in. 

Stay safe!

Archtop_Eddy
Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 25, 2004

Another update: Both my S1Pros are still at 90 percent and four flashes after 13 weeks (91 days).  I have tested each unit 42 times during this test. Both units dropped from 100 to 90 percent in 30 days and have held at 90 percent since -- for 61 days.  I was waiting to see when the units will drop to 80 percent but at this point if the level of performance stays at 90 percent, I am considering dropping the test at 100 days.