May 11, 2020
Hi, John Ronna (and others still following).
We've had a lot of posts in this discussion thread lately and you may not have wanted to get all the email notifications.
If you don't want to receive notifications for all the discussion in this thread scroll to the top of this page and uncheck Following This Topic.
It’s all fine. They were totally taking care of me. We just got stopped in our tracks by the pandemic. I trust we’ll conclude the saga once people can safely return to work some day.
Everyone stay safe and healthy!
Maybe planning to do a little playing for the neighbours at some point, obviously the S1's will be first choice but I do have alternatives, including a little Epiphone Valve Junior I modified for battery power a few years ago (excellent for electric guitar or archtop jazz box) and a couple of inverter power packs (though, realistically, in that case I'd just run an extension cable from the garage).
Eddy, yours seem to be well sorted They are still drawing more current in standby than they should if 'off meant off' but if they were all like that out of the box we'd never have discovered 'the issue'
Sam Spoons posted:
My second S1 fell below 90% after less than 21 days (>18 days, <21 days). Updated the FW and it has now reached day 23 and its still showing 100%.
Since I can no longer edit this post, I'm going to correct a senior moment, brought on by poor record keeping. My second S1 fell to <90% in less than four days, now, after updating the firmware to 7.1.7 it is on day 23 and still registering 100% in the app. Clearly that is a dramatic improvement.
Jun 4, 2018
Thanks for the report and correction Sam. Experiences such as yours are great to hear! I was worried about the second S1 I acquired, but after updating the firmware and some casual observations, things seem to be stable for me too. Which is great as I love playing through the S1s in the outdoor circumstances we are now playing in.
Another update: Both my S1Pros are still at 90 percent and four flashes after 13 weeks (91 days). I have tested each unit 42 times during this test. Both units dropped from 100 to 90 percent in 30 days and have held at 90 percent since -- for 61 days. I was waiting to see when the units will drop to 80 percent but at this point if the level of performance stays at 90 percent, I am considering dropping the test at 100 days.