I have found that the 3rd input has too much bass

36 REPLIES 36
Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: S1 Pro channel 3 has too much bass

Hi Hugh,

What is your input source for the S1 Pro channel 3?

Do you have any kind of tone control at the source?

Thanks,

ST

Highlighted
Registered since

Apr 11, 2018

As ST asked, are we talking about the Aux Channel?  If you're connected via Bluetooth or Line In to the Aux/3rd channel, bass and EQ control are going to need to be adjusted at the source level (PC/Mac/Phone) or whatever device you're outputting to the S1.  

Highlighted
Registered since

Dec 22, 2008

This issue seems to keep resurfacing... users keep running into the issue I highlighted quite a while ago in my "turn down for what" thread. When streaming songs via Bluetooth some of them (that have deep bass) can distort in the low frequencies... The more I have used the S1 Pro system, the more I have come to the realization that the S1 needs some bass reduction (occasionally) to avoid low frequency distortion on certain tracks.

Perhaps Bose should have incorporated Eq knobs on channel three as well this way the user would be able to dial back the bass when need be... it is rather difficult to dig into the settings of ones smart device to change the bass output every time there needs to be an adjustment. 

I would suggest (if it is possible) for Bose to make a firmware update to fix this issue. If not... perhaps offer another piece of hardware that your smart device syncs up with that would give the user some Eq or processing power... and then the S1 Pro would sync up with this device... or perhaps it would utilize the 1/8" jack on channel 3??

Highlighted
Registered since

Mar 8, 2018

Hey jdbass I’m back! Honestly I just gave up on the problem. I use powered subs to filter low frequencies and alleviate the s1s when I need to or use Spotify’s EQ to DRASTICALLY take out bass and turn up the gains on my subs. A little annoying and inconvenient on the fly. I’m only masking the problem though. I agree with everything you said. Some kind of limiter/dsp/EQ in channel three would be... perfect. It’s heartbreaking because the tweeters in the s1 can really sing and achieve great volumes but the port noise is just... ugh. It’s holding the tweeters back. Can Bose make the S1 compatible with Bose Connect and incorporate an EQ/EQ profiles that way? 

Listen to Camila Cabello - OMG. Alotttt of port noise before clipping light. It was embarrassing. 

It’s not all negative though. When listening at normal volumes (LOL) I really do enjoy the deep resonating bass the s1 gives. 

Highlighted
Registered since

Jul 30, 2009

ST posted:

Hi Hugh,

What is your input source for the S1 Pro channel 3?

Do you have any kind of tone control at the source?

Thanks,

ST

Hi ST,

I use a zoom recorder for backing tracks and spotify /bloothtooth.On the other two channels there is a bass reducer.

Highlighted
Registered since

Apr 13, 2018

There are EQ apps for smartphones, tablets and laptops that can adjust the tone ahead of channel 3 BlueTooth or 1/8" input. Ric

Highlighted
Registered since

Jul 30, 2009

From the iPad there is an EQ but  according to Apple and specially me it is very subtle indeed and basically not very effective. It would’ve been a very simple process propose to have a base control on third channel as it does on channel one and two .  And I doubt it would cost very much to do it. I’m surprised that Bose  could not foresee this problem and rectified it before it occurred. Shame that.

Apart from that, S1 seems to do the job very well

I really like the ability to have a little speaker with a battery that works anywhere. I even used it in the back  of the car which sounded fine. 

Highlighted
Registered since

Apr 13, 2018

Have you tried other graphic equalizer apps from the app store on your iPad?

Highlighted
Registered since

Jul 30, 2009

No,but I will give it a try