Highlighted
Registered since

Apr 13, 2018

Re: S1 Pro feedback on a stand when microphone is at the same height?

Maka'i e @Steves Off The Couch ! Let us know how it works, after your gig.

Highlighted
Registered since

Jun 15, 2017

@Ric and ST I did my gig 2 nights ago set up as stated above and it worked perfectly.I got numerous compiments on the sound quality. And I was very happy with the S1 as a monitor.Unfortunately I forgot to take a picture of the setup..

last night I did another gig. Harmony singer2 into my Tonematch T1 Ch1 an Ch2 Master out of T1 via TRS 1/4 into S1 Ch1 (Tonematch switchoff,flat reverb bass an treble).Came out of S1 Output via TRS 1/4m to 1/4m into 1/4F to XLR jack into house system. I put the S1 in front of me as monitor. Wow! Worked great. S1 perfect as a monitor.Very large venue and it played through the house system flawlessly. I wish I could do all my gigs like that. Two trips in with my gear.Done! 

I thanks you guys and this thread for all the great ideas,input and feedback. I have been only doing this for a couple years (late bloomer).I’m really not good technically with equipment and sound.With the help of people who are willing to share their experiences,set ups and knowledge I’m getting better and better.

And of course I have to thank Bose for making really top qualty equipment.

I’m so glad I decided to get “Off the Couch”.....

Thank you again....

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Oct 11, 2016

Hi Steves Off the Couch,

These are great pictures so we started a new discussion thread for them.

Gig pictures!

Bose Pro Community Admin

Highlighted
Registered since

Jun 15, 2017

S1 saved the day!

I’ve attached photos of a gig I did a couple of weeks ago at a large catering hall for a 60th birthday. I didn’t see the venue prior to the gig but I knew it was large. To my surprise it was separated into two areas. The main dining area (Pic 1 and 3).And another area thru the barn sliding door that turned out to be a lobby area with a separate bar and was set up to be a gambling area.(Pic 2 and 4)The second area was actually larger than the dining area. I brought my Bose L1 B1 Sys2/Tonematch T1 and my Bose S1Pro figuring I’d use the S1 as a monitor in front of me on the floor. Once I saw that set up I panicked and said to myself “how the **** am I going to get the sound into the other area” (Bar/gambling room)? Luckily I brought the stand for the S1 and thought “screw the monitor,I’ll just set up the S1 by the doorway and point it into the other room.” As I did this I then realized I didn’t have an outlet close enough to plug in the S1. Another slight panicky moment,but then I thought, ”awesome,the S1 has a frickin battery!”

I know the sound in the dining area was great because I was sitting in there and interacting with the people who gave me great feedback on the sound quality. But the icing on the cake was at the end of the party when the guest of honor who spent 90% of the time in the gambling area approached me and said he couldn’t believe the sound coming out of that little speaker! He said “it was if we were in the room you where playing in”.

I gotta tell you I was so relieved an pleased to hear that.

The S1 literally saved the day!

On another note, I have already started saving for another S1... The different applications are great. 

If anyone is on the fence about getting an S1? Just go for it. It’s a great product! I couldn’t be happier.

3DB0443E-E26B-4842-B29D-AA655CC53D86

BC986717-0278-4AE8-9048-6FC08BE3CF2B

F096A877-7081-4CD5-9BC9-E22CB31E5015

01392A20-E4B7-4FA3-849F-9CAEE22071E9

Edit: Added pictures
Bose Pro Community Admin  

Highlighted
Registered since

Apr 9, 2018

do you have a picture how you connect S1 to L1 system?

Thanks

Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi peterpham,

peterdpham posted:

do you have a picture how you connect S1 to L1 system?

Thanks

We have an article about this.  Click the picture for all the details.

T1 to L1 Model II and S1 Pro
T1 Master with Model II to S1.jpg

ST

Highlighted
Registered since

Apr 13, 2018

Thanks for the after action report, @Steves Off The Couch , the Bose S1 Pro's proven to be a valuable tool in any musician's tool box. Besides home use, I only plug my Bose S1 Pro in to charge it. 

Highlighted
Registered since

Jun 15, 2017

@Ric I did a gig 3 weeks ago at a local bar.It was suppose to be just me an my acoustic.My buddy called and said he was coming down with his Bass and 2 other guys,Electric guitar player and drummer with electonic drum set.

I had my L1 b2 and the S1. Now I’m really a rookie at this performing stuff. only at it for 2 years never in a band. The guys that came down have been in bands for 40 years. I put the L1 in front of us and set the S1 down in monitor position facing us. We jammed all night. All three guys couldn’t believe how well the Bose performed as a monitor. They each heard themselves all nite long. Keep in mind, these guys have used many different monitors through out their playing years. So for them to be that impressed by the S1 really impressed me.

Highlighted
Registered since

Apr 13, 2018

@Steves Off The Couch , as a performing musician for over 60 years (was playing a 3/4 scale neck acoustic guitar and singing with my case open outside of a Piggy Wiggly market for pennies, nickles, dimes and occasional quarters and less occasional dollars) and a live sound engineer for over 50 years, the Bose S1 Pro has totally impressed me. It comes as no surprise that your veteran performers are also impressed. My hat's off to you for getting off the couch and performing in public. It's great to see you're moving forward to performing in a small ensemble. Who was the alaka‘i (conductor, band leader, front man) at this performance?