Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 14, 2018

S1 Pro system, battery included, slip cover not (May 2018)

jbarner20 posted:
Danny999 posted:

Hi ,I wonder Bose offer a choice of free battery pack or backpack,because bose itself come with a sleeve covered already,thats would be nice. Just a thought tho ??

If you buy a S1 Pro as of now the battery is shipped “free”. If you have the opportunity to get the backpack free, please do so, the sleeve only protects against dust really

I ordered an S1 when it became available with the battery.  Note that the S1 no longer comes with a cover - I was disappointed that Bose chose to delete this when they decided to include the battery.  Even if the cover is considered "just a dust cover," it is some protection while carting the S1 around or when it is not being used.  I hope Bose will reconsider this.  The S1 is a great small PA that is perfect for taking out - why delete ANY kind of protection for it??  Is there any way current buyers can get that cover?

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 8, 2018

Re: S1 Pro system, battery included, slip cover not (May 2018)

CaptainJim posted:
jbarner20 posted:
Danny999 posted:

Hi ,I wonder Bose offer a choice of free battery pack or backpack,because bose itself come with a sleeve covered already,thats would be nice. Just a thought tho ??

If you buy a S1 Pro as of now the battery is shipped “free”. If you have the opportunity to get the backpack free, please do so, the sleeve only protects against dust really

I ordered an S1 when it became available with the battery.  Note that the S1 no longer comes with a cover - I was disappointed that Bose chose to delete this when they decided to include the battery.  Even if the cover is considered "just a dust cover," it is some protection while carting the S1 around or when it is not being used.  I hope Bose will reconsider this.  The S1 is a great small PA that is perfect for taking out - why delete ANY kind of protection for it??  Is there any way current buyers can get that cover?

You can’t be serious! Wow ok so is the S1 now $599 with the battery and no cover? ??. They had to cut corners somewhere huh... makes sense, it’s going to force new customers to buy the backpack now... that’s kind of messed up. Yes the cover is better than nothing, don’t know if you actually have one but seriously just a rough thin inflexible  fabric that does not protect against physical damage very well. That was my main concern. Some form of padding would’ve been nice.

Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Everyone,

Yes, starting May 10, 20181 the S1 Pro system now ships with the battery installed, and the slip cover is no longer included.  The slip cover may be available as an optional accessory soon. When it is, you'll find it on the S1 Pro system page under Accessories.

ST

1 Americas and Europe. July 2 in other regions.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 30, 2004

I'm about to order another S1, and I really want a slipcover with it.  I'm hoping this is just an out-of-stock situation.  I've made my own for amps before.

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 8, 2018

Tom Munch posted:

I'm about to order another S1, and I really want a slipcover with it.  I'm hoping this is just an out-of-stock situation.  I've made my own for amps before.

ST said they will not include the slipcover anymore, instead it’ll be an optional accessory. 

But in all honesty...

slip cover < battery = backpack

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 30, 2004

Looks like I’d better get out the vinyl and blanket material and leather needle. 

Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Tom,

The S1 Pro Slip Cover should be available on Bose.com mid-to late July August.

ST

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 24, 2018

Interesting I have just purchased mine and there was no cover I contacted the dealer I bought it from and I thought it was missing so they sent me one. Now I know why it was not there!!