Highlighted
Registered since

Jun 24, 2019

S1 Pro with Acoustic drum

Hi all, I have a room where I need a PA to cover backing tracks, voice and sometimes an acoustic guitar or a keyboard. This is just for fun with friends, nothing professional, for now . The PA is to be installed in a room (~40m^2) where I already have an acoustic drum and Electric guitar.

I like the compact size of the S1 Pro. Is it ok for this situation? Can the sound overcome the drum?
Can I use the S1 Pro without the battery? It will work without it or I always need to have the battery installed?

Thanks
Antonio

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 4, 2018

Re: S1 Pro with Acoustic drum

Whether the sound will be adequate depends on the style of music, how loud you play etc. The S1 can get plenty loud though and my guess is you’d be fine. 

The S1 can run on electric power with or without a battery. The battery is optional but a very handy one as it can give you a lot of flexibility for placement and portability. There’s no degradation in sound running either way. 

Highlighted
Registered since

Jul 16, 2007

So far it sounds great. Just ran it in the practice room so far. I can't wait till my first gig with it. Setup time goes from 20 minutes to about 5. I have  number of Assisted Living Ctrs that I do. I believe it will do a great job.

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 4, 2018

Yep, the S1 continues to pleasantly surprise folks with its portability and quality of sound in such a small unit. I wanted to “right size” our PA needs for the L1M2 which is quite manageable, but in those venues such as assisted living centers or retirement homes even the L1 is just too much.

The S1 fits quite nicely in that niche. Someday I hope to get a second one and that will allow us to not have to bring out the L1 as much although I’ll never get rid of it. Further, we’ve found uses for the S1 as a monitor or extension speaker system to the L1 to handle venues with awkward, hard to reach spaces. 

Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hey Joel!

Long time no see. I hope you enjoy your S1 Pro (as much as I do).

Cheers!

ST

Joelheck posted:

So far it sounds great. Just ran it in the practice room so far. I can't wait till my first gig with it. Setup time goes from 20 minutes to about 5. I have  number of Assisted Living Ctrs that I do. I believe it will do a great job.