Highlighted
Registered since

Jul 25, 2004

Re: S1 Pro with Subwoofers

While I just bought the Behringer B1200D-PRO subwoofer and can see it could work for my needs, I keep wondering if the Fishman SA Sub 300W Powered subwoofer for the SA300x would also work.  My only concerns about the Behringer is that it is large, bulky and relatively heavy.  While the Fishman is smaller and lighter, I'm also concerned it may not have the cross-over type features of the Behringer.  Does anyone know if this is an issue and even better, has anyone actually tried one with their S1 Pro?  Thanks!

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 4, 2018

@Archtop Eddy with only 300 watts and an 8” speaker and not a lot of crossover control adjustments it may work but not be all the flexible.

Highlighted
Registered since

Jul 25, 2004

Thanks CityFolk.  I'm thinking the same thing too about wattage, speaker size and versatility of the Fishman subwoofer, however, I was hoping someone might have given it a try.  You never know... it might have worked.

By the way, thanks for the picture of the back of the Fishman unit.  I hadn't been able to find that.

In my case, I'm not really looking for heart-thumping bass.  I could see that if someone is using the S1Pro for DJ'ing.  But for me, I just want a subwoofer to bleed off some of the low end from the S1Pro. I'm using a Boss Super Octave OC3 to get the "bass" sound I want, and I think setting the pedal as I do might be pushing the S1Pro a tad too much.

I'm finding that the Behringer can do the job. I just want to make use I've considered all my options before committing to keeping it.  A smaller subwoofer like the Fishman would be a real plus. But I think the system configuration of the Behringer is a bigger deal.

It would be awesome if Bose would consider making a subwoofer for the S1Pro that meets size, weight and configuation options that maximizes the S1Pro sound output.  And if it was battery-powered (maybe using two of the lithium batteries...), such a subwoofer would be over the top!

Thanks again CityFolk for educating me about subwoofers and helping me run down some of my options.

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 4, 2018

Agreed, having a B2 like sub along the lines of the Behringer 1200D to add to the S1 would be cool especially if it was battery powered. It would also be cool to have it shareable between the S1 and the L1 too so you could use it for both. 

Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi CityFolk,

CityFolk posted:

Agreed, having a B2 like sub along the lines of the Behringer 1200D to add to the S1 would be cool especially if it was battery powered. It would also be cool to have it shareable between the S1 and the L1 too so you could use it for both. 

Please consider adding your suggestion to the discussion below.

S1 Pro system: Feature Requests and Suggestions

Thanks,

ST

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 4, 2018

Will do ST

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Oct 11, 2016

Hi.. o'm not a dj i just love music and i have rcf jmix8 and i need to connect it to my bose s1 pro.. for the sub any idea how to male this happen  thanks ..

Moved to a new discussion. Please don't reply to this post.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 9, 2020

WirelessDJ posted:

High Pass Filter

I would like to suggest a Software update dad will allow the user to plug a sub into the line out of the S1 With an adjustable high pass filter, so I can be connected to a sub woofer.

You can always get a sub like the F1 that has a high pass filter built in if you don't want to wait for an update that may not happen

this post moved from S1 Pro system: Feature Requests and Suggestions
Bose Pro Community Admin

Highlighted
Registered since

Sep 17, 2019

edmang posted:
WirelessDJ posted:

High Pass Filter

I would like to suggest a Software update dad will allow the user to plug a sub into the line out of the S1 With an adjustable high pass filter, so I can be connected to a sub woofer.

You can always get a sub like the F1 that has a high pass filter built in if you don't want to wait for an update that may not happen

Just for clarity, you need a HPF in the internal signal path but the FR signal being passed through the line out. If you HPF the line out you will not be sending the LF to the sub which is self defeating.

However, the 'conventional' way to run with a sub is to go mixer>sub>top. All active/powered subs that I have encountered have a Low Pass Filter built in, many older subs have a HPF on the link output (usually with a choice of or switchable HPF or FR outputs) but the modern trend is for them not to have onboard HPF. In the latter case the matching tops (i.e. from the same manufacturer and range) have a suitable HPF built in.