Highlighted
Registered since

Jul 19, 2018

Re: S1's Pros are so good I am selling my QSC's, NEED YOUR ADVICE

Just so I understand... we are entitled to our opinions as long as we don't discuss experiences with products you initially criticized and are not a fan of? Thanks for clarifying the ground rules, moving on...

Highlighted
Registered since

Dec 22, 2008

If you want to promote Behringer products are on the Bose forum that is your choice. We are all here to share our knowledge. 

I try to find solutions using the Bose portable PA products while posting in the Bose community. I have seen the Bose L1, F1 and S1 series (if used properly) yield amazing results and my company has grown over the years because of these results. I am very proud to have had the opportunity to share the quality of Bose sound with my clients. 

I understand that use Behringer products and they work for them... thank you for sharing your opinions and ideas. 

Highlighted
Registered since

Mar 16, 2015

I don't think anyone here is promoting Behringer products over Bose, quite the opposite.  The OP was asking what product that people use to augment the use of multiple S1 Pros in a particular situation.  If Bose had a product that fit the bill, I'm sure it would be outstanding.  However, as it stands, it appears that one can't use either the B1 or B2 bass modules in conjunction with the S1s and the F1 Bass module may be too expensive for a lot of S1 users.   That said, S1 users are turning to other alternatives with success and sharing those solutions.  None of these alternatives downplay the outstanding performance of Bose products. 

As for Behringer, I have been told by lots of people that these products are junk.  When I asked what makes them junk, I get really vague answers with no real specific explanations.  The only real world experiences that I personally can attest to are 2 friends that both both bought Behringer X Air 16 channel mixers.  Both use them or open mic and solo gigs, both have been is use for several years without an equipment failure.  As previously stated, one uses it with an L1 M2 with B2, the other with another brand powered speakers and monitor.  

Yesterday, I touched base with both of them to ask how they X Airs are holding up.  Both said that they are working great.  The guy that uses the other brand speakers had 1 complaint.  It was that you can't hide the WiFi SSID.  He said in a crowded venue, if lots of phones start touching that network, he'll get some lag between the Tablet/control board and the actual brick.  He resolved this issue by installing a stand alone wireless router hard wired to the mixer.  This gives him better control over the network and allows him to hide it.

It's all good, I think everyone here is a fan of Bose equipment or they wouldn't buy it and be posting on this forum. 

Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Everyone,

We've wandered well away from the original question.

We're shutting down this discussion.

Thanks for participating.

ST

Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Everyone,

I've reopened this discussion. Let's keep our comments directly related to the questions below.

WirelessDJ posted:
? - ? - ? - ? - ? - ? - ? - ? - ?

With the proceeds of the sale what should I get?

Option 1:
Get TWO MORE (2) Bose S1 Pro’s $1200
Chain them together
SPREAD THEM OUT so the coverage of the venue’s room is greater (perhaps one in each corner?)

Option 2:
Chain them together
Place them NEAR the original set of S1’s (either stacked or side-by side)

Option 3:
Get ONE (1) Bose F1 Powered Subwoofer $1200
Use it in high pass mode with the original set of S1’s
Run the system as a 3 piece system

Option 4
Get TWO (2) Behringer Eurolive B1200D-PRO 500W 12" Powered Subwoofers $599
Use them in high pass mode with the original set of S1’s
Run the system as a 4 piece system

What would you do?

Let's keep our comments about Behringer products related to your direct, personal experience with this model

Behringer Eurolive B1200D-PRO 500W 12" Powered Subwoofers

when used with the S1 Pro systems.

Thank you.

ST

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 30, 2019

I have two Bose B2's and one Bose B1 subs.  I wish there was a simple way to use it without cables, crossovers, cables with the S1 Pro's.  

Need a a small subwoofer amplifier with gain and crossover controls.

Highlighted
Registered since

Jan 17, 2016

WirelessDJ posted:

After Purchasing TWO (2) Bose S1 Pro’s I am ready to sell my QSC K8’s.  I know they are not the same category; the QSC’s are louder and more more power.  I just don't use them.  I will never sell my TWO (2) Bose L1 Model 1S Single B2 Bass Portable Line Array Systems.  I will retain them for larger venues of 300+ Guests.

For all other small and medium gigs, I am planning on using the  S1 Pro’s.  You can't beat them; the sound, weight, battery power, the bluetooth are such a game changer.  I love these speakers.

With the proceeds of the sale what should I get?

Option 1:
Chain them together
SPREAD THEM OUT so the coverage of the venue’s room is greater (perhaps one in each corner?)

Option 2:
Chain them together
Place them NEAR the original set of S1’s (either stacked or side-by side)

Option 3:
Get ONE (1) Bose F1 Powered Subwoofer $1200
Use it in high pass mode with the original set of S1’s
Run the system as a 3 piece system

Option 4
Get TWO (2) Behringer Eurolive B1200D-PRO 500W 12" Powered Subwoofers $599
Use them in high pass mode with the original set of S1’s
Run the system as a 4 piece system

What would you do?

No question... I would get 2 more S1 Pro's and never look back. Use them any of the scenarios mentioned above and can't imagine you'd have any regrets.

Highlighted
Registered since

Mar 1, 2018

Interesting discussion and I would like to address the original question from the OP.

I bought two S1 Pro’s to replace my Yamaha DXR10’S for smaller gigs, together with a Proel SW110 active sub (crossover set @ 160Hz) for larger venues.

However, I have been truly amazed at the sound across all the various sizes of venues (Guild 12 string guitar, vocal + self recorded drum & bass trax). Last weekend I did a venue for an audience 80+ people, played for one hour with ONE S1 running on battery!! I was later complimented on the sound.

So, I am in the same position as the OP; I now have two Yamaha DXR10’s that are more or less redundant and I was in a quandary whether to sell them or not. The decision however, was made for me when I twisted my back just before Christmas, which has left me with (I hope temporary) acute lifting issues!

The S1’s are light, sound superb, are ideal for small to medium venues and by adding on a sub-bass can handle good sized venues too!!

I am selling my DXR’s and my advice to OP.....sell your QSC’s, buy a small active sub-bass and have a drink or two with the change!!????

Brian??