S1 slip cover

Hi - when is the slip cover likely to be available? Thanks

48 REPLIES 48
Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 4, 2018

Re: S1 slip cover

Helen, in a prior post this custom S1 cover was mentioned. It’s made of moving blanket material. Full disclosure, I have no vested interest in the item, just thought they looked cool and gave some good protection.

Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Helen,

Thanks for joining us.

We expect the Bose S1 Pro system to be available online sometime in August.  We don't have a firm date yet.

ST

Highlighted
Registered since

Jan 17, 2016

ST posted:

Hi Helen,

Thanks for joining us.

We expect the Bose S1 Pro system to be available online sometime in August.  We don't have a firm date yet.

ST

Are we there yet? 

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 4, 2018

You can get the S1 slip cover now at Sweetwater

An intriguing alternative is this S1 cover on eBay. It’s custom made from thick moving blanket material, so a somewhat padded cover.

Full disclosure I have no business interest in any of the above. 

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 4, 2018

The slip covers are available at Sweetwater

Highlighted
Registered since

Jan 17, 2016

CityFolk posted:

You can get the S1 slip cover now at Sweetwater

An intriguing alternative is this S1 cover on eBay. It’s custom made from thick moving blanket material, so a somewhat padded cover.

Full disclosure I have no business interest in any of the above. 

I haven't made up my mind whether I'll get the backpack or the slip cover. Thanks for the information though!

Highlighted
Registered since

Aug 14, 2018

I got the slip covers delivered yesterday. It is only a canvas material, NO PADDING. I thought they would be similar to the L1 Compact covers but they aren't. I was pretty disappointed in them that they were $29 each. They should have come free with the speaker. Now I have to look for a better way to transport them. Luckily a pair of S1's fit in a 12" Gator Speaker bag. I put the slip on covers on and put both of them in the speaker bag. The covers only protect against rash.

Highlighted
Registered since

Jan 17, 2016

Thanks for the info DJ Erv. I agree some protection should have been provided with the purchase and the slip covers don't appear to be very much protection. I'll have to look into the Gator Speaker bags before I make a decision.

Highlighted
Registered since

Aug 14, 2018

LarryM2 posted:

Thanks for the info DJ Erv. I agree some protection should have been provided with the purchase and the slip covers don't appear to be very much protection. I'll have to look into the Gator Speaker bags before I make a decision.

I'm using the Gator bag as a temporary solution as I had an extra one laying around. The S1s fit in it, but there is still some extra space. Not too bad as I can throw some cables in there. I'm sure I'll eventually get something more custom for a better form fit, maybe the backpack. Just not sure I want to spend $300 for a pair of backpacks.

Hopefully a third party comes with a better slip cover. I have those blanket type covers from eBay for some of my other speakers. They are flimsy, offer better padding than the S1 slip covers, but they still aren't as protective and form fitting as the slip covers for the L1 Compact. Just wish Bose would be consistent in padding.