Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 4, 2018

Re: S1 slip cover

Again, check out the custom slip cover referenced in my link in my prior post. That may be a a good alternative. 

Highlighted
Registered since

Aug 14, 2018

CityFolk posted:

Again, check out the custom slip cover referenced in my link in my prior post. That may be a a good alternative. 

I have a couple of pairs of those ebay covers for some of my other speakers. Stitching on some of them started to unravel. They are okay, thin, a bit loose, better than the Bose S1 covers but not as good as a Tuki or the L1 Compact cover.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 30, 2020

DJ Erv posted:

I got the slip covers delivered yesterday. It is only a canvas material, NO PADDING. I thought they would be similar to the L1 Compact covers but they aren't. I was pretty disappointed in them that they were $29 each. They should have come free with the speaker. Now I have to look for a better way to transport them. Luckily a pair of S1's fit in a 12" Gator Speaker bag. I put the slip on covers on and put both of them in the speaker bag. The covers only protect against rash.

Do they easily fit in the 12” bag space left for cables ?) or would you rather recommend the 15” bag ? How do you avoid that they clutch against each other in one and the same bag ?

Highlighted
Registered since

Aug 14, 2018

Alex posted:
DJ Erv posted:

I got the slip covers delivered yesterday. It is only a canvas material, NO PADDING. I thought they would be similar to the L1 Compact covers but they aren't. I was pretty disappointed in them that they were $29 each. They should have come free with the speaker. Now I have to look for a better way to transport them. Luckily a pair of S1's fit in a 12" Gator Speaker bag. I put the slip on covers on and put both of them in the speaker bag. The covers only protect against rash.

Do they easily fit in the 12” bag space left for cables ?) or would you rather recommend the 15” bag ? How do you avoid that they clutch against each other in one and the same bag ?

I'm not sure if I recommend it at all. I'm just using it as a temporary fix until something better comes along or I bite the bullet and spend $300 on backpacks. For now I just put a piece of foam between the two speakers if  I don't use the covers, otherwise it fits good in the bag with the slip covers on. I think a 15" bag would be too big. The 12" fits good in that it won't move around when carried and it isn't tight. I lay the speakers face down. 

I'll post a pic when I have a chance later.

Highlighted
Registered since

Aug 14, 2018

Here are pics of the cover as well as pics of the S1s in a Gator bag. It wasn't a 12" speaker bag like I mentioned before, it's actually a 10" bag.

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 4, 2018

That seems to be a really nice carrying bag solution especially for 2 S1s. Any worries about having the speaker grilles getting bent when setting the bag down since they are face down? Maybe put some extra foam or some sort of harder bottom material to protect the speaker grille?

Very cool solution, though, thanks for the pics!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 30, 2020

DJ Erv posted:

Here are pics of the cover as well as pics of the S1s in a Gator bag. It wasn't a 12" speaker bag like I mentioned before, it's actually a 10" bag.

Thanks a lot for your comments and pictures. Really helpful !

Highlighted
Registered since

Aug 14, 2018

CityFolk posted:

That seems to be a really nice carrying bag solution especially for 2 S1s. Any worries about having the speaker grilles getting bent when setting the bag down since they are face down? Maybe put some extra foam or some sort of harder bottom material to protect the speaker grille?

Very cool solution, though, thanks for the pics!

These speaker bags are meant to have the grill facing down. On a whim I put the speakers standing up with a piece of foam between them. It actually works better. I tried it facing each other and it's a tight fit at the ends.

Highlighted
Registered since

Jun 18, 2019

Totally agree that some sort of protection should be included as this is a unit that is designed for travel and is not at all water resistant!

Come on, Bose, surely you could have included a decent showerproof cover in the not inconsiderable price! Only got my S1 yesterday, had 1st proper use of it tonight (fantastic!) But not decided on how to protect it for travel, I certainly won't be spending another £130 on the backpack, however good it may be, it is well overpriced! 

Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Chris M,

Welcome to the Bose Portable PA Community and congratulations on getting your S1 Pro.

While it's not free, it's less than the backpack, there is the

Bose S1 Pro Slip Cover

And that's a closer fit with what you described.

ST