Highlighted
Registered since

Jun 18, 2019

Re: S1 slip cover

Thanks for the welcome!

Yes, I've seen the slip cover - looks ok but as others have said above, it offers no real protection, except for maybe against dust! No padding, it doesn't completely envelope the S1, it isn't waterproof or even water resistant. Really, the slip cover probably offers less protection than just wrapping a towel around it and putting it in a plastic bag! That's got me thinking now... ?? 

Hopefully someone with more of an entrepreneurial spirit than I have will come up with a decent, affordable solution. Or maybe the backpacks will go in sale, here's hoping!

Highlighted
Registered since

Jan 17, 2016

Yes Chris M I'm in the same situation. I bought a "gator" bag that's also just a "zip" cover but there's room to wrap a towel around as you suggested in your post. I'm waiting patiently for an affordable solution myself. The backpack is desirable but way too over priced.

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 4, 2018

@LarryM2 and @Chris M there is this bag. I have no business interest in that company, but it looked like a nice bag at a reasonable price point. Not sure where you live as to whether getting it from Europe would be problematic though. 

Highlighted
Registered since

Jun 18, 2019

Thanks for the link. I did look at that one yesterday but having read the only 3 reviews in English it seems a very tight fit with zero room for cables etc and someone said the handle is too long to be useful. (I am in the UK so something from Germany is no problem) 

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that the Bose Backpack is the very best option so far as it is exrremely versatile; straps to leave both hands free and a carry handle on top as well as room for more bits and pieces. It's just too expensive!

We'll just have to be patient while the geniuses out there come up with an affordable solution. Surprised China haven't knocked a copy out yet. I suppose it is a pretty niche market though so we may have some time to wait yet... 

Loving this forum, by the way!

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 4, 2018

@LarryM2 and @Chris M there is an old discussion that you may have seen where several folks chimed in with some carrying bag ideas before the Bose backpack was released. You might find some interesting ideas in that discussion link here.

I found a “mobile IT” roller bag that was meant for a computer and fit some paperwork files that’s not super padded, but it fits a S1, small Behringer mixer, 2 mics, cords etc. all in a roll on bag. There are pictures of it in that link. You might have to scroll up or down a bit to see it.

I got it for very cheap at the time, but I know some folks saw something similar on the Amazon UK site. It may be as expensive as the backpack now, but it can carry more gear in a convenient roller suitcase like bag. I’ve loved mine. 

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 4, 2018

Here’s a link to Amazon UK site with the DJ Lighting carrying bag that could fit a S1 that was mentioned in the prior link I sent. 

Highlighted
Registered since

Jun 18, 2019

Thank you, CityFolk! That looks excellent, just the job!

Much appreciated! Will be getting one of those!

Cheers to everyone for your kind support and suggestions! Starting to realise Bose people are great people!??

Highlighted
Registered since

Jun 18, 2019

For anyone who may be interested, I have just found another (even cheaper!) suitable looking option on Amazon UK.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0...675031_t3_9792303766

It is slightly bigger at 330x330x355mm (assuming they are the internal dimensions) and comes with a moveable velcro (or should I now be saying hook and loop touch and close system...) divider.

So while it would leave around 5cm on one side, 8.5 on the other side and 2.5 on the top the unit iteself could be secured witht the divider and the rest of the space filled with mic, cables etc. It also has 10mm padding for extra safety.

If those dimesnsions are external it might be even better and still leave space for bits and pieces. I am currently waiting for someone to tell me if the dimensions stated are external or internal and will update when I know

Cheers.

Highlighted
Registered since

Mar 16, 2015

Tuki has a great reputation for making amplifier covers.  I checked there web site and found they make one for the S1 Pro.  It's a little more expensive than the Bose Slip cover and still less than the Bose Backpack. 

http://www.tukicovers.com/amp-...peaker-padded-cover/

NOTE:  I'm not associated with Tuki any any way nor have I ever bought any their products.  That said, I have a lot of friends that have vintage or boutique harmonica amplifiers that do use their covers and they all give good reviews of them.

Now that I'm looking at the Tuki Cover options, I could have saved a bit of cash over buying the second backpack!  When I looked at them a couple of weeks ago, I don't remember the option to add a bottom and side pouch.

Highlighted
Registered since

Jun 18, 2019

Thanks KingBiscuit!

They look good but once you add the add ons it gets pricey. Plus, they're over there in the States and I'm here in broken Britain! Will go with the one I put the link to earlier once I got confirmation of the dimensions.

Cheers.