Re: S1 slip cover

No worries, CityFolk! ??

Sam_Spoons
Collaborator
Registered since

Sep 17, 2019

Zombie thread revival alert.......

Just ordered two Roqusolid bags for my S1 Pros. Twice the price of the grossly overpriced Bose slip covers but way more than twice the quality.

https://www.amplifiercoversonl...j048abp7f2cfkbmq0fg6

Tim-MK
Collaborator
Registered since

May 30, 2018

Interesting Sam

I'm looking for something to give a degree of shower proofness whilst still playing outdoors, do you think may qualify?

Sam_Spoons
Collaborator
Registered since

Sep 17, 2019

No, but neither will the Bose slip cover or, I don't think, the play through covers. You need something waterproof (ish) but that will allow sound to pass through. Any cover/bag designed to protect the speaker in transit will prevent all bar the lower frequencies from getting out.

The simplest, cheapest solution is a black bin bag. The do affect the sound but only very slightly (much like the tissue over an NS-10 tweeter trick).

ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi, Tim-MK.

Tim-MK posted:

Interesting Sam

I'm looking for something to give a degree of shower proofness whilst still playing outdoors, do you think may qualify?

This is going to sound awful, but a heavy-duty plastic bag will be acoustically transparent and offer a good degree of shower proofness. You can probably operate the controls through the plastic.

If it's raining, I don't think people will be looking at the loudspeakers.

The Bose Play-Through Covers look nice, but they are engineered to leave the controls and input jacks accessible. I wouldn't expect them to provide any protection from moisture.

ST

Bob_Sanford
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 10, 2020

How about modifying an “umbrella hat” to attach to the carry handle of your S1...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07P..._sw_r_sms_tai_zN3AEb

...as long as the rain is not pouring down sideways, this could offer the protection you are looking for and not affect the fidelity of the sound at all!

ChrisMorgan
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 18, 2019

Fantastic idea!!!??????

ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Bob Sanford,

Bob Sanford posted:

How about modifying an “umbrella hat” to attach to the carry handle of your S1...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07P..._sw_r_sms_tai_zN3AEb

...as long as the rain is not pouring down sideways, this could offer the protection you are looking for and not affect the fidelity of the sound at all!

What a fun idea.  Just before anyone orders one, please note.

The S1 Pro is about 10 x 11 inches (that is - bigger than the 7.9 inches diameter or the "Fit for Heads" specification).  It's hard to say if you could get the chin strap to fit.

For just a few dollars more, you could consider something like this sunscreen umbrella

I can imagine using a couple of straps around the S1 Pro to secure it to the side that has no controls.

But it's nowhere near as whimsical as your idea Bob.

I would be concerned about the wind catching the umbrella and toppling the S1 Pro and speaker stand.  If you attach anything to the S1 Pro, please ensure it doesn't make the unit prone to tip or fall.

Cheers,

ST

CityFolk
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 4, 2018

Now Bob, that’s clever!