Participant
Registered since

Jul 12, 2020

S1 with Yamaha AEX N500

Hello from Croatia

Im new in forum and i like say “hello” to all musicans whose play on “Bose”.

My laguage is not English but i try to do a best. I have many guitars (electric/acoustic) and with S1 work great but with Yamaha AEX N500 https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/yamaha-aex-n500-electro-acoustic-272834621

have a problem. Its nice guitar with plastic strings and piazzo magnet. I have problem with mid freqvency ( to much )and i must turn on “tone mach” for beter sound.

Pls if you know how to resolve this problem send some info.

Thanks a lot

All the best from Croatia

NenoCRO

4 REPLIES 4

Re: S1 with Yamaha AEX N500

Hey Neno,

Welcome to the forum, thanks for joining us!

The S1 Pro only has tone controls for the bass and treble, not for the mids. By boosting both the bass and treble, this will in effect made the mid frequencies less prominent.

An alternative solution would be to use a separate outboard EQ before going into the S1 Pro - this will give you more control over the mid frequencies. 

Hope this helps!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply. If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Participant
Registered since

Jul 12, 2020

Thanks a lot.

Dylan

Contributor
Registered since

Jan 8, 2012

I agree with Dylan.   I have similar issues with steel string guitars.  For me and guitars, I do see an improved result with moving the bass and treble up.   However,  I still needed to use a separate pedal for eq.  There are many to chose from.  Not sure what might be available in Croatia so I would be afraid to offer a recommendation.  If you can show us what might be available, we can help with recommendations.  However I have limited experience with nylon string guitars.   

welcome to the forum!  

Participant
Registered since

Jul 12, 2020

Thanks Marty

I try change a mid range with my TC Helicon acoustic play pedal.

Thanks a lot.

NenoCRO