cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dccowboyupzdc
Registered since

Dec 18, 2010

Re: SKB Case For Bose L1 Speakers

Amen to the R&R and bungy cord. I never let my bride carry anything in or out of the shows. I think it looks ungentlemanly. She can carry on, carry forth, carry a tune, carry a grudge, and carry-oke, but not carry gear.

With guitar in one hand, R&R in other, Cowboy Up rolls in and out the door in one trip with Szana free to meet & greet and schmooze while I quickly set up. Still amazes me compared to the old school alternatives.
Lou_D
Registered since

Aug 29, 2007

quote:
Originally posted by AJ:
quote:
I opted to just use the stock covers. On my RnR cart, I just use a bungy cord to keep them together on the cart.

Hi

Works for us also~ R&R cart and Bungy Chords is the way to go! I bought my Bose Systems to "save" weight not increase it using hard Cases.

AJ

To each his own.
I pretty much switched over from mostly arriba bags to hard cases (mostly small tool boxes) for my lights and gear. They stack so much better than bags and protect what's inside better too.
I find it so much easier to load my trailer this way.
bobbyclark
Registered since

Oct 13, 2008

http://www.amazon.com/Plano-Do...e-Case/dp/B000P583SQ

I found this and have given it considerable thought!
DJ JD BASS
Advocate
Registered since

Dec 22, 2008

SKB Golf Cases with wheels... leave the L1 tops in their bags... holds 4 sections. That's what I use.
Media4u2
Registered since

Jan 31, 2008

I use the RnR Cart as well. The SKB case for the base and the ToneMatch will fit perfectly onto the cart when extended, but the SKB case for the cylinders is just a TINY bit too long for the cart. If it's the TOP piece on the pile, then you are OK, as it will extend over the top of my loaded cart's handle by a couple of inches. Be sure there isn't anything that is taking the direct and/or full weight of the case, though. You don't want to crush another piece of equipment with the SKB box.
chicagopremiere
Registered since

Nov 17, 2011

quote:
Originally posted by jdbassentertainment.com:
SKB Golf Cases with wheels... leave the L1 tops in their bags... holds 4 sections. That's what I use.

JD... Do you have a model number for that SKB case?
DJ JD BASS
Advocate
Registered since

Dec 22, 2008

It is known as the "standard" golf case or "slim" on ebay.

Model # 2SKB-4812WS I do believe. It is the one that looks tubular.

BTW it is a very tight fit... which I rather like since I know they won't be bouncing around in there during transport.
austintexasdj
Participant
Registered since

Apr 4, 2012

quote:
Originally posted by jdbassentertainment.com:
It is known as the "standard" golf case or "slim" on ebay.

Model # 2SKB-4812WS I do believe. It is the one that looks tubular.

BTW it is a very tight fit... which I rather like since I know they won't be bouncing around in there during transport.

And tight is a good thing, so do you have a preference to direction of grills when they are inserted?
DJ JD BASS
Advocate
Registered since

Dec 22, 2008

I lay them on their sides so the grills are touching, fitting the handles on the cases in between.
austintexasdj
Participant
Registered since

Apr 4, 2012

Thanks..