Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DjBiso
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 4, 2017

Re: STOPS MAKING SOUND FOR SECONDS THEN COMES BACK

Hello All,

I have this issue for forever, but I have looked on helplessly for the main reason that even if I were to call the Bose Help-desk, I am out of warranty, and no longer in a country that will make returning the units feasible.

I initially bought 2 LIIs to use with 4 B1 Bass Modules, and they would cut out intermittently. I later bought 4 B2s to replace the B1s, AND I still have the same issues.

What I have resorted to doing is to take along an F1 speaker as a fill-in so there is still some sound when the LIIs cut off.

But for a unit as expensive as the LIIs, this just goes against every reason for purchasing them; portability, worry-free use, ease of set-up etc...

ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi DjBiso,

I'm sorry you've had a difficult time with your L1®s.  I checked back and you had an ongoing conversation with Bose Support.

They recommended that you contact Bose Support in Nigeria. When you do, please tell them about your previous interactions with Bose online.

I understand it is difficult now that you are "no longer in a country that will make returning the units feasible.", but Bose Support can't help if you don't talk to them.

Nigeria

Electric Shack Ltd.
642C Akin Adesola Street
Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria

Tel: 234-1-4544236
electricshack77@yahoo.com

Please contact them and give them a chance to help.

Thank you,

ST

DjBiso
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 4, 2017

ST,

After almost 4 months, finally tracked down the Bose Support.
On my way to see them now.

Fingers crossed that this can be resolved...

Biso

K.Dorr
Participant
Registered since

Jun 28, 2021

I pulled the entire B2 apart, no blown woofers and no apparent damage. What I did find was corrosion on the back of the (+~-) bass switch. Almost as if there were a solid path between the two opposite sides. I cleaned it with a dry toothbrush and put it back together. I have yet to have a problem still 6 months after the fact, I use it 24 days each month at different locations and it seems to be doing what it should do. 

Hope this helps anyone. 
     PS, it’s a pain in the wink~n~pink brownie cave to break down and re-assemble this thing, so just pull the I/O plate first and see what you find. It’s not worth the time to disassemble the entire thing.