Highlighted
Registered since

Aug 25, 2019

Saving scenes, syncing T1’s and wireless headsets

I am fortunate to have acquired two used T1’s, one for home setup and another for gigs. I’m in the process of incorporating a Countryman wireless headset. I’ve scoured through the forums to get advice - most of them going back 12 years - on how to harness all the feedback. As I readjust all those EQ and more settings, I am somehow unable to grasp saving them as a new scene, while still keeping the old settings in another scene. I liken it to a Word document, say a song list, where I can adjust and make changes, then hit the “Save as” button, which gives me a new song list and still saves the old one. Seems like I’m unable to make a new scene without obliterating the old one. 

So, I’d love to figure that out. 

The other thing I’m trying to understand is how to synchronize both T1’s so they have the same settings. I understand it is somehow done via USB to a computer. 

The written word on how to do these challenges seems to sink in slower than pictorials or videos. 

Thanks in advance for any help on this. Plus, if there is any new Countryman insights out there, they would be appreciated also. 

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: Saving scenes, syncing T1’s and wireless headsets

Hi Bryan F,

Welcome to the Bose Portable PA Community. 

Bryan F posted:

I am fortunate to have acquired two used T1’s, one for home setup and another for gigs.

Congratulations!

I’m in the process of incorporating a Countryman wireless headset. I’ve scoured through the forums to get advice - most of them going back 12 years - on how to harness all the feedback. As I readjust all those EQ and more settings, I am somehow unable to grasp saving them as a new scene, while still keeping the old settings in another scene. I liken it to a Word document, say a song list, where I can adjust and make changes, then hit the “Save as” button, which gives me a new song list and still saves the old one. Seems like I’m unable to make a new scene without obliterating the old one. 

So, I’d love to figure that out. 

Yes, you can do exactly this:

1. Load a Scene that is similar to the new one you want to create. 
  2. Press the Save button. 
  3. Turn the knob to select a new location
  4. Change the name
  5. Save the Scene
  6. Make any changes you need to the Scene
  7. Press the Save button. 
  8. No need to change the location
  9. No need to change the name
  10. Save the Scene

This will save you a couple of steps.

1. Load a Scene that is similar to the new one you want to create. 
  2. Make any changes you need.
  3. Turn the Rotary Selector back to Scenes
  4. Press the Save button. 
  5. Turn the knob to select a new location
  6. Change the name
  7. Save the Scene

Here's a video

The other thing I’m trying to understand is how to synchronize both T1’s so they have the same settings. I understand it is somehow done via USB to a computer. 

The written word on how to do these challenges seems to sink in slower than pictorials or videos. 

There's no sync-by-wire from one T1 to the other.

You can save a scene from the first T1 as a User Scene to your computer.  Then you connect the second T1 to the computer and load the User Scene.

Please see the Scenes documentation.  I'm sorry, we don't have a video for this process.

If I have to set up one T1 to match another, I will set them up side-by-side and run through the settings.  This is pretty quick to do.

Thanks in advance for any help on this. Plus, if there is any new Countryman insights out there, they would be appreciated also. 

I haven't seen anything recent about Countryman microphones. Here's all I could find - search results for Countryman

ST

Highlighted
Registered since

Aug 25, 2019

Thank you, ST.  i wanted to first acknowledge your timely response.  Much appreciated.  Next step is to follow your suggested steps.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 18, 2017

Headworn mic feedback... you'll get loads of it from every mic out there.. except the Crown CM311 .. I'd quit gigging without it

Highlighted
Registered since

Aug 25, 2019

Thanks for the reply, Tom. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 18, 2017

I use with Shure GLXD unit with bodypack with the rechargeable battery.  Battery lasts for a couple 4 hr gigs and powers the CM311 condensor mic too.  Get the CM311-AESH (shure compatible)- all will cost you a thousand... but you'll be thanking me for the next 10 yrs for turning you on to it

Highlighted
Registered since

Aug 25, 2019

Thanks Tom.  Do you, perchance, have any of your performance videos you can direct me to?  Also, I have already invested in Shure BLX systems and will research into compatibility with the Crown.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 18, 2017

your blx will work... conventional batteries will last less long, but the connector is compatible.. the CM311 gets its power from the extra pin on on the shure ATF style plug... https://www.youtube.com/user/TommieD1/videos