TitansOXD
Participant
Registered since

Jul 21, 2018

Setup for Quartet w/music

I realize the L1 system were designed as a single use system, but I once saw a diagram on this forum for the hookup of two L1 systems together to gain more inputs. Does someone have access to that diagram, and if so will you share it please. I have two L1 Model 2 Sytems, 2 B2 Subs, 2 T1 Tonematch. I have four singers and music tracks through an iPad in an Alesis iDock. I would like the music and voices to come through both speaker systems. We have been successfully running three voices (Ch 1,2,3)and the tracks (L/R) to (Ch 4,5) without feedback issues. Can this be accomplished by adding the 4th singer into Ch 4 and y the tracks (L/R) into Ch 5? Or will I have to split the singers up and use two T1? respectfully thank you so much.
4 REPLIES 4
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: Setup for Quartet w/music

Hi TitansOXD,

Here's a quick sketch to let you know that I'm working on this.

-- click image to make changes to the live version --

Legend:
L1® Model II or L1® Model 1S
T1 ToneMatch® audio engine
Orange numbers are Systems and Inputs using those Systems.
Blue filled numbers are Channel connections to/from the T1 ToneMatch® audio engine.
Green numbers are for general notes about the Sketch and connections to non-Bose gear.

Quoting TitansOXD from The Sketcher
quote:
I realize the L1 system were designed as a single use system, but I once saw a diagram on this forum for the hookup of two L1 systems together to gain more inputs. Does someone have access to that diagram, and if so will you share it please. I have two L1 Model 2 Sytems, 2 B2 Subs, 2 T1 Tonematch. I have four singers and music tracks through an iPad in an Alesis iDock. I would like the music and voices to come through both speaker systems. We have been successfully running three voices (Ch 1,2,3)and the tracks (L/R) to (Ch 4,5) without feedback issues. Can this be accomplished by adding the 4th singer into Ch 4 and y the tracks (L/R) into Ch 5? Or will I have to split the singers up and use two T1? respectfully thank you so much.
TitansOXD
Participant
Registered since

Jul 21, 2018

Thank you so much Sir, your help is appreciated.
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi TitansOXD,

Here is how I would set things up.

Run the two L1®s independent of the other.

Each L1® amplifies two singers (the two closest) and one side of the backing tracks.

-- click image to make changes to the live version --

Legend:
L1® Model II or L1® Model 1S
T1 ToneMatch® audio engine
Orange numbers are Systems and Inputs using those Systems.
Blue filled numbers are Channel connections to/from the T1 ToneMatch® audio engine.

This should provide the greatest gain-before-feedback, a really simple setup, and a nice stereo image. The audience will also get to experience the Cocktail Party Effect.

Does that help?

edit - grammar
TitansOXD
Participant
Registered since

Jul 21, 2018

This is very helpful. I appreciate you time and effort greatly.