Participant
Registered since

May 18, 2019

Should i consider buying a used Bose L1 model 2 with ToneMatch

Hi,

i have owned a Bose L1 compact for several years and really like it, uses it to play recorded music.

I now have a chance to play at a regular event that consist of 200 to 300 people in a big hall. I am looking at buying a Bose L1 model 2 but find it expensive.

My question is, what is the life expectancy of those system, should i consider buying a used one?

Thanks,

Hub

8 REPLIES 8
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 15, 2018

Re: Should i consider buying a used Bose L1 model 2 with ToneMatch

Bought L1 Model 2, T1 and B2. 2-3 Years Old.  2 Guitars/2 Mics.  About 300 shows including driving around. So far so good. Knock on Wood! It's transformed my Acoustic experience.

Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 22, 2018

I bought a used Bose L1 Classic in 2010.  I used it Sunday.  I'm only thinking about replacing it with an L1 Model 2 because if the Classic fails at some point there aren't replacement parts available.

Like anything else used, look for abuse, get a feel for the seller.  Some of this stuff gets bought new and very gently used.   If it's banged up and dirty, i'd keep looking.  The reality is most people who pay up for the Bose L1s in the first place tend to take decent care of them, IMO.

Registered since

Aug 3, 2018

I agree with the above comments.  No reason they shouldn't last for years if treated properly.  We bought two used L1 model 2 systems about a year ago - they had been well cared for and hardly used, so not much of a risk.  They have transformed our on-stage experience and have resulted in very favourable comments from our audiences regarding the quality and clarity of the sound.

Registered since

Jun 3, 2018

Check Guitar Center's "Used" listings. I found a L1 B2 T1 system there for hundreds off list that still had the plastic on several items (???). My four-piece has drug it all over SC/NC/VA for the past three years and haven't had any issues. (NOTE: Lightning did get the base unit a year or so ago, but I got a swap out from Bose...Definitely not a defect with the system per se. Plus, Bose Support was excellent to deal with!)

Advocate
Registered since

May 18, 2017

My Model 2 has about 2000 gigs on it since 2007.   Works like new, but still use my Classic when need a bit more volume without compression kicking in

Participant
Registered since

May 18, 2019

Thanks for all the replies...for the few times i will use it i think i will go with a used one.

Hub

Registered since

Dec 22, 2008

Kind of chiming in late, but I thought I’d share this link. Sometimes it pays to buy new. 

https://youtu.be/5FSEhNjpAGg

Registered since

Oct 27, 2007

I bought mine in late 2006/early 2007. Still gigging with it. No complaints. My T1 almost died when I accidentally spilled beer on it, but I managed to salvage that 🙂