Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Artie_w_the_Par
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 17, 2018

Small back yard parties with dancing and Karaoke

I was just wondering how would the S1 do at a small party at maybe 25 people for both dancing and karaoke please let me know if there’s a video that you have of one you’ve done I would love to see it thank you 

6 REPLIES 6
Mike_A_
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 18, 2018

Re: Small back yard parties with dancing and Karaoke

I do a lot of that kind of thing and use back tracks for my own shows. I have found Kara Fun and Kara Fun Player to be the best overall . I have about 300 songs I use downloaded , but as long as you can get on the internet you have access to 10s of thousands and you can pull up the track and scrolling lyrics for karaoke. If you want to download songs for offline use you pay a monthly fee.  With Kara, you can change the keys, the tempo, etc.  I use the singers name field on the screen for notes to myself about key changes, funny parts, etc.  I have tried many many sources. For all around use I think they are the best.  Mike

CityFolk
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 4, 2018

Don’t have a video, but we did a backyard party with 30 or so people and it worked great. We have an acoustic duo so the S1 was amplifying 2 acoustic guitars and 2 vocals via a mixer into channel 1. 

We placed it on a speaker stand elevated to about “head” high as most people were standing. It filled the area with sound and had decent bass response which surprised us given its small size. If you’re looking for a chest pounding bass DJ like setup, then the S1 may not be what you’re looking for.

Using it for a karaoke party you describe should be just fine IMHO and pretty darn easy to setup.

Mike_A_
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 18, 2018

I use an L1 and Kara Fun  and Kara Fun Player for back tracks and lyrics. They have over 30K songs that you could pull up and easily use as a karaoke type deal.  If you want to download songs to use off line, there is a monthly fee, but just streaming them in is free. and you can change the pitch, tempo, etc.  It is the best combo of karaoke type tracks with lyrics I have found.  Check it out and let me know if you have questions. I can save you a lot of experimentation. I bought a large computer screen to the words are big enough to use for Karaoke. In my case, its usually some drunk who thinks he's Merle Haggard or a girl who thinks she's Janis Joplin.

Mike

msantarc
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 16, 2018

No video, but I think your application would be perfect for the S1. I just used it as the only speaker for a solo gig (With a T1 Mixer for Voice, guitar and backing tracks). IT worked great.

oldmachead
Advisor
Registered since

Mar 29, 2010

Mike A. posted:

I use an L1 and Kara Fun  and Kara Fun Player for back tracks and lyrics. They have over 30K songs that you could pull up and easily use as a karaoke type deal.  If you want to download songs to use off line, there is a monthly fee, but just streaming them in is free. and you can change the pitch, tempo, etc.  It is the best combo of karaoke type tracks with lyrics I have found.  Check it out and let me know if you have questions. I can save you a lot of experimentation. I bought a large computer screen to the words are big enough to use for Karaoke. In my case, its usually some drunk who thinks he's Merle Haggard or a girl who thinks she's Janis Joplin.

Mike

Thanks, Mike. I downloaded the app on my Mac -- looks like it only plays samples (30 seconds) of each song until you pay a subscription. Or did I miss something?

Mike_A_
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 18, 2018

I don't get that. I just downloaded it onto a computer I did not have it on , did not log in or anything, and it played the songs I tried from start to finish. I am on windows, not an IPad, but I would not think that would make a difference. I would send them an email. They are in England I think, but they always get back the next day.