Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
roy_2
Registered since

Jul 26, 2007

Re: Some advice on Stage Traxx please....

I play in a high tourist area. 800 plus songs. If i could remember all the words and chords I would have a real job and make the big bucks.
machman
Registered since

Sep 9, 2010

Funnily enough I don't use StageTraxx for the lyrics! I try and memorise my songs beforehand and have never really encountered a problem.
I tend to use Stage Traxx for the ease of the song level feature which is easier to navigate than anything that Itunes offers.
banditt
Registered since

May 13, 2006

That's great some of you can remember songs. But some of us for one reason or another can't....just sayin'
macheted01
Participant
Registered since

Nov 29, 2019

I have been looking at this Stage Traxx. I currently have a couple apps called Backtraxx and Onsong. How to these stack up to Stage Traxx? I too, need the lyrics, as I ain't too many paint chips as a child and damaged that part of the brain. I think it is great that so many of you can store all them lyrics, though. Wish I could.
AlanC76
Participant
Registered since

May 7, 2018

Hey ol' Leo pal !
I starting using Stage Traxx recently as a low profile option (don't like having a laptop on a stand, the crowd can't see my lovely legs Big Grin )
Also, iPad WORKS
Win 8 stinks Confused
If you place the iPad horizontally, you get 11 songs showing up... easier to scroll through.
But I basically create my set lists for each show and stick to them. If I get requests, I add tham to the following set.
Take care grumps !!
bomberandy5
Registered since

Feb 8, 2010

I'm a big Stage Traxx fan. Tried everything out there before finding it because I need the scrolling lyrics too. Agree with others that if you can remember lyrics to 500+ songs you're doing great but I just can't. Only play 1 or 2 gigs a month these days so not getting the repetition of my younger playing days.

I will say however that having the charts on the screen does cause me to use it too much as a crutch and not actually learn the song. I'm trying to break out of that habit and look at the audience more (but it freaks me out because they keep staring back at me - haha)

Anyway, StageTraxx is the bomb but I'm always sending the guy my suggestions because no app is going to be perfect for everybody. On playlists what I would like to see is about 5 or 6 buttons on top of the left column assigned to different playlists that you could call up with a single tap. I find going through the menu to load lists is cumbersome so I never do it.
spigspog
Registered since

Jan 28, 2015

Hi. Very new to this forum so sorry if I've posted in the wrong place. I am a solo performer and I use Stage Traxx. Agree with comments about its limitations but it is the best app I've found for what I do.

My question is, has anyone worked out how to ensure that chords align with lyrics. I create the lyrics in a txt editor, add them to my mp4 files via iTunes and when I get them into Stage Traxx they are always unaligned. I know (having asked the creator) that you cannot choose which font to use in Stage Traxxx and that it displayes in Helvetica Neue.

However, even though I create the lyrics using the same font something goes wrong in the translation. I suspect it is when I eneter them into the lyric tab of the MP4 via iTunes. Again iTunes does not let you choose your font. Anyone any ideas?
briangold
Registered since

Dec 3, 2007

Hello Spigspog,
I am new to iPad as a player for my backing tracks (previously used laptop with karaoke s/w) but you may already ahve figured out how to do this. If you want the chord Ab to appear above the second "e" in the word "somewhere" you can do it as follows...

somew[Ab]here

This works for me.

I use lyrics and chords to prompt me for new songs as well as very old ones I haven't done for ages. I can remember around 140 + songs but unless they are played regularly that's about (my) limit.

Cheers
BRIAN
bomberandy5
Registered since

Feb 8, 2010

Hi Spigspog. I don't have this problem you're describing. I dump the lyric & chord chart straight into the iTunes lyrics tab and upload it to StageTraxx on the iPad. I then take a look and see how things line up and make adjustments as necessary. Then I set up the line spaces as appropriate so that it scrolls in time.

My tip - I add time codes at the start of each verse or chorus to help me know when to come in. I just watch the clock on screen and I know I'm in the right place.

Andy
TW8020
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 18, 2019

Regarding the number of songs displayed when using the lyrics scroll, this has never been an issue for me as 11 songs are displayed on my iPad Mini when scrolling lyrics in landscape mode. I have roughly 400 songs in my repertoire and, for the most part, I know all of the lyrics, especially for the 100 or so that I use regularly. As has been mentioned, preparing set lists in Stage Traxx, or any other track program, is imperative in managing your gig. For me the lyrics scroll is not all about displaying lyrics. I like to have historical info about a song that I can relate to my audience. The lyrics section lets you include this type of content as well as pertinent track info, ie, chord changes, key changes and other helpful info as needed.