Highlighted
Registered since

Jun 17, 2018

Sound comparrison?

Hi, I am new to these forums. I am a soloist, singer / guitarist, as well as mobile DJ / KJ. I use a Bose L1-1S with B2 & a new S1 for fold back or satellite speaker, depending on circumstances. For mixer I currently use a Behringer QX1222USB, Sennheiser e945 Mic and K.Yari Acoustic with Martin Gold Plus pick up. I am presently considering a Bose Tone match T1, for 2 main reasons, it is compact and can be mounted on my mic stand. Means when I am playing as a soloist I can eliminate the small table I use to sit the mixer on. And I can have it with in reach to be able to quickly make adjustments to the levels as required. It would be even more motivation if the sound was superior to what is achieved with the Behringer mixer, which has Xenyx pre amps. I am interested to hear from people who have done similar to what I am considering and what was the outcome for you? In particular the sound difference?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: Sound comparrison?

Hi Speedy,

Thank you for joining the Bose Portable PA Community.

It looks like you're in Australia. You will want to check out the

T4S ToneMatch Mixer

The easiest way to know if this will work for is to try it (30-DAY RISK FREE TRIAL).

ST

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Sep 16, 2019

Re: Sound comparrison?

Can honestly say there is no comparison between the sound of the T1 vs T4S - in my opinion. I own two  T1's and a T4S and having used the T1's for several years the new T4S scared me at first (I'm a vocalist) as the clarity of everything is so much more defined - I have nowhere to hide anymore.

When running two L1 with two B2 in stereo the fidelity lift is just stunning.

Make sure you hide it from direct sunlight though, as well as your L1 powerbase....