Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 22, 2019

Speaker Mount

Does anyone know what the little "spring-like" item on the inside of the pole mount hole is or does?  Also, is anyone else out there having problems getting the speaker stand out of the S1? (I am)  Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: Speaker Mount

Hi Stoney,

Welcome to the Bose Portable PA Community.

Stoney posted:

Does anyone know what the little "spring-like" item on the inside of the pole mount hole is or does? 

Pole Cup Switch

The S1 Pro uses an accelerometer to determine if it is in the tilt-back, horizontal or vertical position. It also has a switch inside the pole cup to determine if it is mounted on a speaker stand. Based on the orientation and the switch, the S1 Pro automatically applies the correct EQ. If you depress the switch the speaker stand EQ is applied regardless of the orientation of the S1 Pro.

Here's a picture of the switch inside the pole cup.

Warning - Do NOT use Speaker Stands Like This

Bose recommends using speaker stands that have solid, smooth surfaces. Do not use stands like the one shown below. It will damage the switch in the pole cup.

Warning - Do NOT use speaker pole adapters

Bose recommends that you do NOT use speaker stand adapters like the Hercules SS100B. You could damage the switch in the pole cup.

Also, is anyone else out there having problems getting the speaker stand out of the S1? (I am)  Thanks!

The pole cup is for speaker stands that are 35 mm (1 3/8 inches) in diameter. Do you have a speaker stand with a larger diameter?

ST

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 22, 2019

Thank you, ST. Most helpful. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 22, 2019

Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi, Stoney.

I have a pair of speaker stands like yours (different name brand but I wouldn't be surprised if they were made in the same factory). They are okay, but I use taller ones for standing audiences.

Does the microswitch inside the pole cup move in and out easily with fingertip pressure? If not, the switch may be broken and you should talk to Bose Support about that.

Bose® Product & Technical Support at (877) 335-2673
(U.S. and Canada only)
Monday-Friday: 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM ET
Other regions

ST

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 22, 2019

ST, yes, it moves freely. I use this as a monitor when playing keyboards. It sits at perfect ear-level.  Each night I have to wiggle it out. It will not "unscrew" from the hole. 

Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Stoney,

Stoney posted:

ST, yes, it moves freely. I use this as a monitor when playing keyboards. It sits at perfect ear-level.  Each night I have to wiggle it out. It will not "unscrew" from the hole. 

Hmmm, I just lift my S1 Pro straight up and off the stand. If you shine a light in the pole cup, are the surfaces clean and smooth? Are there any abrasions on the speaker stand - the portion that goes into the pole cup?

Have you tried a different speaker stand?

ST

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 22, 2019

Everything is nice and clean, smooth pole. Haven't tried another but may do so, however, I do need the short stand.  Thank you!