Registered since

Apr 23, 2019

Static on line speaker L1 compact

Hello, I have a L1 compact and started to hear some static noise in the line speaker, even when the volume is completely down and nothing connected I can hear it. As I increase the volume the static also increases but only on the line speaker, on the base static is almost none. It is not very noticable until half the volume. 

Is there something I can do? I am in Mexico

1 REPLY 1
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: Static on line speaker L1 compact

Hi Alonsohfa,

Thank you for joining the Bose Portable PA Community.  Welcome.

Alonsohfa posted:

Hello, I have a L1 compact and started to hear some static noise in the line speaker, even when the volume is completely down and nothing connected I can hear it.

Is this new, or is it possible it was there before but you didn't notice it.

It is normal to hear some static noise like this if you are very close to the top speaker array. It will not be audible from the power stand because these frequencies are not in the low-frequency range.

As I increase the volume the static also increases but only on the line speaker, on the base static is almost none. It is not very noticable until half the volume. 

Is there something I can do? I am in Mexico

Thank you for the recording. This tells us the frequency range, but not the loudness.  If you hear this within a meter, this might be normal. If you hear this at two-three meters, or while music is playing, then it's not normal.

This could be line noise. Do you hear the same noise if you use the L1 Compact in a different location (different power source)?

If the sound persists and you can hear it at two meters, there may be an issue, and the unit will need to be serviced.  Please contact Bose Support.

Mexico - Portable Systems

David Romero
Tel: +52 155 4386 3465
David_Romero@bose.com

OR

Bose® Product & Technical Support at (877) 335-2673
(U.S. and Canada only)
Monday-Friday: 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM ET
Other regions

Thank you,

ST