Highlighted
Registered since

Jul 29, 2019

Stereo Capability using a projector or live music to two F1 Model 812 systems

Hi, I am new to this stuff and need expert advice.

I want to do outdoor projections for a 200+ people crowd. Since I will project movies, videos or do live music, I’m interested in stereo capabilities and placing one speaker in each side of the screen. I am wondering if I can have two F1s. One LEFT and the other one RIGHT. I read this is possible; however, I do not know how. Do I need a mixer for this? Or can I do it pretty basic. For example, projector has a 3.5mm audio output. Can use a 3.5mm to RCA cable and connect to one F1 the red cable and to the other the white cable?

In case a Mixer is needed, let's say the TS4, how will I connect to each F1 separately to get full stereo performance.

Edit Subject: Previously "Stereo Capabilty"

Bose Pro Community Admin  

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: Stereo Capability using a projector or live music to two F1 Model 812 systems

Hi Dio,

Welcome to the Bose Portable PA Community.

Dio posted:

Hi, I am new to this stuff and need expert advice.

You've come to the right place.

I want to do outdoor projections for a 200+ people crowd. Since I will project movies, videos or do live music, I’m interested in stereo capabilities and placing one speaker in each side of the screen. I am wondering if I can have two F1s. One LEFT and the other one RIGHT. I read this is possible;

Yes, this is possible.

however, I do not know how. Do I need a mixer for this?

Or can I do it pretty basic. For example, projector has a 3.5mm audio output. Can use a 3.5mm to RCA cable and connect to one F1 the red cable and to the other the white cable?

Yes; however you should keep the cable length less than 20 feet.

OR

Use a mixer. This will allow you to run cable lengths of 100 feet or more. You'll need one for the live music anyway.

In case a Mixer is needed, let's say the TS4, how will I connect to each F1 separately to get full stereo performance.

Please see this article for details.

T4S to F1 Model 821 Tip Ring Sleeve Connection

Does that help?
ST

Highlighted
Registered since

Jul 30, 2019

Re: Stereo Capability using a projector or live music to two F1 Model 812 systems

Hi Dio,

Sounds like a great event. Are you extending invitations?

Additionally for movies, consider adding the F1 subwoofer below each F1.

In addition to elevating the height of the 812, this will add some extra "thump" to the movie content.

Enjoy.

Marc