tsmith321
Participant
Registered since

Apr 5, 2021

Stereo Output with multiple Pro 32's and the Tonematch Audio Cable.

I just got my Pro 32's in the mail today, and I can't wait to play out with them. This is the first configuration I'm trying:

T8S going into one tower with the tonematch audio cable.

Line out from that tower to the other tower into channel 1.

Is there a way to have stereo sound coming out from the towers in this configuration through adjusting the settings on the towers within the app, or will I need to run cables from the L/R main outs of the T8S into the channel one inputs on each tower?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Fish-54
Leader
Registered since

Aug 1, 2010

Re: Stereo Output with multiple Pro 32's and the Tonematch Audio Cable.

Author Accepted Answer selected by tsmith321

Hello tsmith321,

Congratulations on your new L1 Pro 32's!  You're going to have fun!

With a T8s, use the ToneMatch cable from one Pro 32 as you do now.  That gives you the left channel.  Connect the 1/4" Main Out R to your other Pro 32 using a 1/4" TRS-TRS cable.  The 1/4" inputs on the Pro 32 are designed for line-level inputs, which is what the T8S provides.  You could also use an XLR  female to 1/4" TRS from the T8s XLR main out R.  I would recommend against using an XLR-XLR male-to-female, as the XLR inputs on the Pro 32 are expecting mic levels.  (Technically, you could, but you'd really need to be careful not to overload the mic pre's on the Pro 32.  I prefer TRS-TRS cables so you don't have to worry about which end is which!)

Then adjust your channels left and right as needed and bask in the glorious stereo capability of twin L1's!

Does that help?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Fish-54
Leader
Registered since

Aug 1, 2010

Author Accepted Answer selected by tsmith321

Hello tsmith321,

Congratulations on your new L1 Pro 32's!  You're going to have fun!

With a T8s, use the ToneMatch cable from one Pro 32 as you do now.  That gives you the left channel.  Connect the 1/4" Main Out R to your other Pro 32 using a 1/4" TRS-TRS cable.  The 1/4" inputs on the Pro 32 are designed for line-level inputs, which is what the T8S provides.  You could also use an XLR  female to 1/4" TRS from the T8s XLR main out R.  I would recommend against using an XLR-XLR male-to-female, as the XLR inputs on the Pro 32 are expecting mic levels.  (Technically, you could, but you'd really need to be careful not to overload the mic pre's on the Pro 32.  I prefer TRS-TRS cables so you don't have to worry about which end is which!)

Then adjust your channels left and right as needed and bask in the glorious stereo capability of twin L1's!

Does that help?

View solution in original post

tsmith321
Participant
Registered since

Apr 5, 2021

That does help, thank you!