Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vindemiate
Registered since

Mar 4, 2008

Steve Miller uses L1's

Hello All,

Thought I'd share. I dj'd a wedding the other day for the son of John Bolin. And for those of us who had no idea who he is... he owns Bolin Guitars. Turns out that his friend Steve Miller was at the wedding and performed live for the couples first dance. He played "Seasons" then followed up with "the Joker". The crowd went mad. It was truly an awesome moment!
I spent some time ta lking with Steve Millers guitar tuner/setup guy. He loved my L1. Told me that if Steve happens by... ask him about his L1 setup. Evidently he has six of them on stage when he performs. Go figure.
On another note. I was playing "Mustang Sally" and one of the couples singer friends, a guy named Gentle Rowser, asked if he could use the mic. I was extremely hesitant since the volume was really loud and he was maybe five feet from the speaker. With a not in my stomach and my hand on the mic volume, I gave up the mic. The guy had a great voice and not an ounce of feedback!!!!!

Heres a couple of photos - cheers

3 REPLIES 3
albanyams
Registered since

Mar 5, 2006

Re: Steve Miller uses L1's

WOW! Thanks so much for sharing. I am a fan of Steve Miller. Did you ever get a chance to talk to Mr. Miller??

At My wedding 2 years ago, David Cassidy, fmaous for the Partidge Family, was an invited guest. A close friend of the Bride's father, very, vety coridal. H esigned for autograohs and posed for pics. He stayed until after dinner.

I'm glad you had a good time!
jeremyg1
Registered since

Mar 26, 2007

Very cool man! I am also a fan of Steve Miller.

I did a wedding a couple years ago where Mark Wallburg(sp) or Marky Mark showed up.
Tom Munch
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jun 30, 2004

Steve was at the first Bose conference in Big Sur - very cool guy!

Tom