Highlighted
Registered since

Apr 28, 2018

Subwoofer Cases

Hi folks. I now have four B2 subs. I purchased the SKB cases for them and was shocked to see how big the cases were when they arrived. I don't think I want to keep them. However, I was to keep in subs in cases that keep them safe and that roll. I am 64 years old and don't feel like lugging the subs in and out of events by hand.

Has anyone purchased any different cases from anywhere that hold the subs. What do you all do? Do you just use the Bose covers and carry them everywhere? My setup is quite large (see attachment) and sometimes the gear has to be moved a significant distance from my trailer to the event space. I am thinking of having two rolling cases made that hold two subs each but I wanted to first see if anyone else has already worked something out that would help me decide the best way to proceed.

Thanks ........................ Rob

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Registered since

May 5, 2018

Re: Subwoofer Cases

Hey there Rob. I can feel your pain. I’m 68 and still at it. I own two F1 812’s with subs. All and all these individually are larger and heavier than the B2 subs. I use a Rock N Roller Cart which folds for transport. All four F1 components fit on the cart at one time. If you go this route purchase the 8 in 1 cart as it is heavy duty. This cart is great for transporting other equipment as well. This works well for me. 

Best,

Johnny g

Highlighted
Registered since

May 8, 2018

Maby not the answer to your questions. But why du you have 2 L1? and so close together? They might fase each other out according to Bose, and give a unfocused sound because of the 180 angle. (The audience gonna hear both speakers because of the wide angle, but the sound is gonna hit them with ms appart.) They should be at least 9 yards between them if I recall right?

I used to have two myself, but sold one system because it didn't give much more volume than 1. However 4 subs vs 2 subs thats another story.

Me myself, I use only 1 B2. If I need more power I go with my RCF-system instead. The Bose L1 with B2 is super for smaller things like Acoustic trio Etc., but its not a "Rock n Roll" system if you get my point. Maby one "real" PA subwoofer would do more impact in the low than 4 B2?

Highlighted
Registered since

Apr 28, 2018

I have a full QSC KW... system. Two KW181 2000 watt powered subs and two QSC KW122 1000 watt powered tops. Was trying something new investing in the Bose system. Got SKB cases for everything too. If I decided to use my QSC subs instead of the Bose subs, what would the best way to cable them into the system? Right now I am using the T1 mixer but I also have two Behringer XR16 digital mixers. Suggestions?