Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 18, 2013

Re: Subwoofer for S1 Pro

You are an amazing example to us all sir. Thank you for giving me hope of playing another 15 years. I have done two shows in a day and four in three days but your schedule is crazy long. I hope you are making a lot of money. One of my buddies never takes a break he just plays from the start time to the finish time...I started doing that and its kind of fun like playing in a concert. One time though my left hand started to cramp up so I monitor myself as I go along and sometimes take breaks now. Do you sing and play in your show? I also practice at least 2 to 3 hours a night if not gigging...I have to keep my voice in shape. 

Cheers from Moon Dog. 

Here is a pic just about to start playing on the Hornblower in San Diego CA. 

Thats my wife/manager Dede, she is awesome. Moon Dog and Dede in SD

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 10, 2018

Aloha, Moondog.  Livin' the life, eh?  Beautiful.  And Beautiful lady.

I have to admit that this week is sort of unusual.  My normal gigging schedule is 5 - 7 day gigs per month -- usually with early morning start -- that are a more "normal" 2 1/2 to 4 hours total.  This week had 4 gigs total with one more one hour gig coming up tomorrow.  I also get plenty of sleep and rarely play late night gigs (late night for me being anytime after 7pm...he-he)...almost no more bar gigs although I'll be playing (in a country band!) from 6:30-9:30 at a very nice restaurant in town that serves inca-hall on the 25th.

I sing and play electric and acoustic guitars or bass.  I'm also involved in 4 recording projects -- one that's wrapping up and a CD should be coming out soon with a new friend from Pasadena.  He sends me the basic tracks and I add the rest and mix and master it.

Keep busy doing stuff that makes ya' happy and live longer...

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 18, 2013

Sounds awesome...would love to sit down and have a beer sometime

Highlighted
Registered since

Mar 16, 2015

I'd love to see a battery powered sub! I wonder if it would be possible to design the sub in such a way that it uses the same batteries as the S1, perhaps put 2 of them in the bass cabinet.  Additionally, allow the T4 S to connect to the Bass unit via the Ethercon Cable and be powered by the batteries in the bass unit.   The S1 Pros would take output from the bass unit.  How cool would that be? Totally battery powered, extremely compact and very easy set-up!  If a performer needed longer battery life, just carry spare batteries which could be used on any of the units.

Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Moon Dog,

Cheers from Moon Dog. 

Here is a pic just about to start playing on the Hornblower in San Diego CA. 

Thats my wife/manager Dede, she is awesome. Moon Dog and Dede in SD

It's nice to get to know you better!

ST

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 22, 2019

For those interested in a sub with the S1 Pro ... have you'll looked at the JBL Eon One Pro?? I already have several 15" cabs & separate subs 12" & 15" & hence opted only for the S1 Pro having auditioned it at length in a showroom & being fully aware of it's low end limitation (being a DJ). So I picked up the S1 Pro primarily for my house Karaoke Parties or simply as a small monitor on stage for either DJ or Karaoke singing.

Just wanted all your thoughts on this ...
Also, The JBL Eon One Pro is I believe close to 1.5 years old now ... perhaps a newer updated model would be in the offing.

P.S. Don't wanna upset Bose Fans ... We're just exchanging views here

Highlighted
Registered since

Jul 25, 2004

Prakash Wadhwani posted:

For those interested in a sub with the S1 Pro ... have you'll looked at the JBL Eon One Pro??

Hi Prakash.  Thanks for the suggestion.  The primary issue here is about a batter-powered sub.   Does the JBL Eon One Pro have a battery-powered subwoofer?  Thanks!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 22, 2019

Archtop Eddy posted:
Prakash Wadhwani posted:

For those interested in a sub with the S1 Pro ... have you'll looked at the JBL Eon One Pro??

Hi Prakash.  Thanks for the suggestion.  The primary issue here is about a batter-powered sub.   Does the JBL Eon One Pro have a battery-powered subwoofer?  Thanks!

Very much has a sub ... Check the attached link ... the reviewer has L1, 3 S1 Pro's + a JBL Eon One Pro ... I watched his reviews before picking up my Sa Pro. Helped a lot.

Let me know your views folks. Would appreciate different perspectives * insights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCbw3c-F_SA

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 18, 2006

I bought a JBL Eon One Pro when Sweetwater was blowing out refurbs for under $500.  The input section is SO weak on it that I returned it.  JBL said they had a handful of complaints about the issue and would have a "fix" some time in the undetermined future.  I could plug a mic into it and max it out and it had little volume.  The bass is also very weak compared to the original Eon One, which had its own issues that JBL never fixed.

BUT, if you can run the EON Pro without the top speakers, it may work ok with the S1s.  I wouldn't expect a ton of thump though.

Highlighted
Registered since

Mar 29, 2018

By now even the die hardest S1 bose fanatics should be admitting to the limitations of bass in the S1s. how you solve this situation depends on your pocket book. As far as battery powered subs, you have to move some mass which will take a lot more battery power and the weight will have to be factored in. So battery powered subs will place high demand on the length of the battery before charging and most likely at least for now have to be a sizable battery.