Contributor
Registered since

Nov 15, 2018

T-1 Tone Match PreAmp Outs 1-3 saturating my external recording device

I'm trying to record multiple separate tracks live from the T-1 Tone Match outputs for channels 1-3, going into 3 separate tracks into a Tascam Zoom H-5 Porta Studio. The Zoom 5 successfully records 3 separate tracks but the t-1 output levels are overwhelming the busses in the H-5 making it extremely difficult to get balanced recording tracks. I'm having to set the H-5 recording levels between 2 and 3 and the slightest adjustment has an extreme effect of the recording volume. It seems like I must be missing something when I can't turn the dials on the recording device above 3. My T-5 Volume levels are straight up with the Master at 4 and just guitar and microphones.  Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks

Bruce Turner

4 REPLIES 4
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: T-1 Tone Match PreAmp Outs 1-3 saturating my external recording device

Hi FCBlues,

Thank you for joining the Bose Portable PA Community. 

The T1® Preamp Outs are Post-Trim. To lower the outputs, you can turn down the trims a bit. This will lower the input signal to channels 1,2,3 so you'll have to make up for it with the channel volume controls.  

Does that help?

ST

Contributor
Registered since

Nov 15, 2018

Thank you, I'll give that a try and see if it helps

Registered since

Apr 10, 2018

I had the same problem, sort of, recording with a Zoom 4Hn.  I first tried going in the headphone stereo jack, which was recommended on a video.  With that, I encountered terrible results.  Then, I tired the XLR inputs of the Zoom with a -20db Attenuator that you can get on eBay or at Amazon cheap.  Some people recommended a higher rating up to -50db but when I called Zoom, they said that the -20 would be all that I needed.  It works fine.  Also, several people said I didn't need a balanced cable, 3 leads instead of 2, but I am of the belief that anytime you can use a balance cable..do it. The tonematch accepts either and the attenuator was 3 lead so that's what I stayed with for everything else.

Collaborator
Registered since

Oct 11, 2016

Please see the continuation of this discussion here: T1 Output Levels to Recording

Bose Pro Community Admin