Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Todd_Cole
Registered since

Mar 29, 2008

Re: T.C. Helicon VoiceLive versus Digitech Vocalist Live 4

Hi Tony
Im part of a two person group and we use 2 TC.helicon voice works units. I play guitar and he plays bass. We use midi tracks thru a laptop and a roland XV-5050 for our backing tracks. The 2 tc. Helicon units works great. We send midi info to each unit via midi and all we do is sing. we program evrything into the laptop and it sounds great.

Todd
tony_2
Registered since

Aug 28, 2004

How then would I get the midi signal from my keyboard (the Motif ES) to both Harmony-M units. I saw a two output / 1 input Midi thru box on musicians Friend product number #702507, should I use that. I also saw a Midi Router that was much more expensive. Also, does the Harmony-M capable of running on battery. It's a bit of an inconvenience to have to plug a pedal in to AC power. Thanks and agin my apologies for being so off topic.
Todd_Cole
Registered since

Mar 29, 2008

Hi Tony
What we do with the 2 TC Helicon Voice Works is from the midi out of the sound module to the in of one and then use the out of that unit to the in of the other. We transmit info from the laptop to them. One on midi channel 16 and the other on channel 14. So each one is controled seperatly.

Todd
tony_2
Registered since

Aug 28, 2004

Hi Todd. Thanks for your help. The Harmony-M has no MIDI out so that won't work. I think I'll just get one of the units first then see how I like it. If I do, I'll get the second and that MIDI thru box I mentioned.
Kurt
Participant
Registered since

Jun 15, 2017

I have owned a vocalist live 2 for about a year. I gig with it every friday night and have found the following.

1. The harmonies track very well, especially when playing easy chord tunes like eagles, etc. harmonies are easy to set, very predictable.

2. Reverb, Effects and Compressor are very lacking. There is a noticable gating effect in the compressor when engaged. Hard on/off gate effect when you get quiet. The selectable effects like shine....are not that impressive.

I watched the demo of the TC Helicon Harmony G and was impressed by the auto vocal process and effects. I am convinced this will improve my vocal sound. There is an a/b switch which allows you to switch back and forth between two settings in a song. Nice.

I ordered a TC unit today and will be giving it a go in place of the digitech. Looking for the best sound possible.

I'll post how this works out. We'll see if the grass is greener.

The reverb and effect from TC are always top notch and can apply to guitar as well.
colandy
Registered since

Dec 5, 2004

Hey Kurt. I also use the Digitech VL2 for harmony, but I use my Bose T1 for a little reverb or other effects should I want them. This leaves me with only one footswitch to tap around for.

Respect,
Col. Andy
Kurt
Participant
Registered since

Jun 15, 2017

So I received the TC unit Thursday...had 15 minutes to play with it to get familiar with the controls. So I used it last night at my regular friday gig. First thoughts are: It's very compact and fits nicely on my small pedal board, strobostomp, H20 and harmony g. The guitar input/thru out connections are very close together. Planet waves cables with larger ends are tight. The single button for "tone" is great. Makes things a lot more intelligble. (I play through the L1 classic) I play a upscale martini bar with plenty of hard surfaces and it gets noisy. Mgr. commented that I sounded "good tnight". I did notice that the tracking was different on the TC, some things that are dead on with digitech were not as good...and the TC did some progressions better too. I do need to get used to the button on/off location. digitech has a nice big corner thats easy to hit....i missed a few times on the TC. I'll spend some practice time with it and fine tune things. The big plus is the "tone" processor. It sounds great.
JD11
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 2, 2007

Hey Kurt....I also have problems with the on/off buttons on my TC as well as GNX3000.

Being the singer, I often have to maintain close mic proximity and end up feeling around with my foot to engage the switches. A medical problem with double-peripheral vision is also a factor in my switching.

I fastened a small metal angle in between 2 of the switches to prevent me from accidently hitting the wrong one when I'm feeling around with my feet.

On the GNX, if I hit 2 buttons at once it kicks it into "off" mode so it's critical for me to use the metal angle. (1" x 1" x 1/2")

JD
Kurt
Participant
Registered since

Jun 15, 2017

I've have a few gigs under my belt with the TC Harmony G and here are my impressions:

I like the compact design...it fits better on my pedal board. I don't have a tonematch mixer...and the TC Tone button and effects are great. HUGE improvement over the digitech.

The one minor thing that i miss on the digitech is the larger footswitch. You get used to it, but the TC takes a little more effort to turn on/off.

Harmony tracking is a draw...they are both good, but different.

The added Bass harmony mode on the TC is very cool. (it tracks the note the unit tracks for creating harmony) That is not on the digitech unit.

Overall, I am happy with my switch to the TC unit. Hope this helps prospective buyers....they are both very good units. It depends on preference and what you have in your rig. Kurt
tony_2
Registered since

Aug 28, 2004

I just got a harmony-M from TC which is very similar to harmony-G. Love the sound of it but for me it's a bit of a learning curve. I'm not used to playing with anything more than a sustain pedal. I too have trouble with the small on/off switch and was contemplating doing gives barefooted so I'd have a better feel for it. I don't know I think for me it's just a matter of really working with the thing and getting used to using such a unit. I know that TC has a different foot switch as an accessory. I don't know if that's any better. And I also noticed that you can you any one position foot switch that will just toggle the on and off switch. may be an option for me.