Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: T1 Features Poll

Hi Moon Dog,

Please see this new thread: Connect two T1®s to a Model II Power Stand

quote:
Originally posted by Moon Dog:
Gotta love this thread...long time L1 Type II user. I have two systems including two T1's.

For sure undoubtedly the mixer needs more channels. So much goodness in a small package...but people sit in on performances...Many of us have acoustic and electric setups. I would love to have a direct and mic'd cab sound for my electric...

OR

I bought two T1s so technically I have 8 channels right? Wrong. You have to Daisy chain into one of the channels of the second T1. In my concert setup where I use everything I have to send each channel to the second mixer...it is such a waste.

There should be a way to connect Two T1s ...USB to USB? Master to AUX? (I know they are outputs) but with software you can do anything.

Thanks for listening.

Moon Dog.
Highlighted
Registered since

Jan 31, 2015

More channels would be very useful for me and a footswitch would be very handy. Personally I don't much see the point of stereo for the L1, but can see how it may be useful if you are running multiple systems. It would be handy to have some onboard amp modelling and presets for Yamaha acoustics would be great!
Highlighted
Registered since

Aug 30, 2009

To avoid having to fiddle with the mixer during performances for fx, it would be great to be able to adjust/change fx presets via remote control by any of the available ways available--midi would be great for this. And of course any mixer these days should be able to be operated in stereo. This would make the fx sound better, also. Even if the mixer doubled in size with these improvements, it would still be compact enough.
Highlighted
Registered since

Nov 23, 2005

Hello,

I think I once responded to a similar poll, about additional features being implemented in the T1.

I've used my T1s for longer time now, and have had more time to think about additional features I'd like, so here goes...

Overall I'm pleased with the way the T1 has been designed, and operates. So my requests are minimal.

I'd like Bose to consider the following additions:

1. Allow the user to chain those internal effects that are grouped as "this one" or "that one" but not "both at the same time", together, instead of only allowing one per channel (e.g. compressor and gate).

2. Allow the user to select which screen they would like to display when the T1 startus up, (other than what Bose chooses). For example, I'd like my T1s to start up showing the Preferences/Inputs screen.

3. Allow any of the available screens to be mapped to a 'custom quick access (toggle) button so that I can get at it quickly. Then, by pressing the button again, revert back to the previous screen (e.g. quick access to the tuner while I'm on the inputs screen; then back to the inputs screen once I toggle the quick access button again).

4. Many people have requested additional channels, while also requesting not to increase the T1 footprint. How about making available a six or eight channel input box that could sit on the floor (e.g. at the base of the mic stand supporting the T1), and connect it to the T1 via Ethernet. Access to those channels would be from the T1 without increasing the size of the T1, etc.

I'd also like to have direct outputs with individual gain control if possible, so I can send signals to a multi-channel recording device I have, along with channel insert points. Wouldn't need these features on the T1 itself, only on the "stage box", so it can be as big as it needs to be to support the additional I/O points, etc. And the T1 could remain the size it is.

Thank you.

Stu

Edit: clarification.
Highlighted
Registered since

Nov 18, 2014

More inputs would eliminate the need for me to use a mixer when I need 4+ wireless mics for corporate meetings. I dont need LCR because 95% of my meetings is speech and mono. I have tested setting up in an L/R configuration but the Bose honestly sound better when used as designed. I have even used 4 in a long room (2 front + 2 mid room) and did not have delay issues. The 180 pattern covers up the small area where delay is generally noticed.
Highlighted
Registered since

Oct 18, 2015

Having used a TC Helicon Mic Mechanic for several years before buying my L1M2 + T1, I really do miss the foot control. I use a bit of delay/reverb on vocals, and I would seriously love a footswitch that could do an FX mute for speaking instead of singing.
Highlighted
Registered since

Jan 31, 2015

Bearing in mind how long ago this original poll was posted, when might we actually see some of these features?
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 6, 2012

This is a T1/L1 feature request:
Stereo, but out of the digital ethercon output. Go into an L1 base and a second ethercon/digital out goes to the input of the second L1. The one directly connected to the T1 is the left and the second one is the right. Only requires a second digital connection on the L1 base or a second one labelled on the T1.
Highlighted
Registered since

Aug 30, 2009

Its seems a little insulting by Bose to keep asking for suggestions for over the last 8 years
on this mixer, with nothing being implemented. I know its not the case, but it almost gives the impression that they could be having a big laugh, saying:'look at these fools, begging for features, while we have no intention of adding anything!'
Highlighted
Registered since

Jan 31, 2015

It would be nice to have a response from Bose regarding the many requests on this thread.