cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
commonstupid
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 3, 2019

Re: T1 Mono Signal on Headphones (only left speaker playing sound)

Good to know but that means I have a loss  in signal quality by going out of the T1 main out into the looper and then into the L1, right?

Is there an adapter that makes the unbalanced signal from the looper again balanced and is that even recommended?

Ideally I would use the looper before the T1 but then digital effects will apply to all loops always. Is there any recommended setup with a looper?

commonstupid
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 3, 2019

Would actually switching to this looper help if I use Output B with a TRS Cable?

https://static.roland.com/asse...pdf/RC-1_eng03_W.pdf

ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Common,

commonstupid posted:

Good to know but that means I have a loss  in signal quality by going out of the T1 main out into the looper and then into the L1, right?

The difference between a balanced connection and an unbalanced connection is relevant when:

• A balanced connection is an option
    • In this case, it isn't because the looper has an unbalanced input
  • The cable between the devices is greater than 6 meters (20 feet)
  • You have a noisy environment (Electromagnetic noise)

Your looper has an unbalanced input, so you don't have a choice. The connection will be unbalance.

If the distance between the T1 and the looper is greater than 6 meters (20 feet), you might consider getting some kind of an adapter. But unless you hear line noise, I wouldn't bother.

Is there an adapter that makes the unbalanced signal from the looper again balanced and is that even recommended?

Now we're talking about a different situation.  In your original post, you are talking about connecting the looper to headphones. Headphones are unbalanced, so there's no need for a balanced connection.

Ideally I would use the looper before the T1 but then digital effects will apply to all loops always. Is there any recommended setup with a looper?

I don't have a recommendation on how to set up with a looper.  It depends on whether you want to take the final output from the T1 (e.g., instrument AND voice) and loop that, or loop individual inputs (e.g.,  instrument OR voice).

If you want to have more choices, you need to look at loopers with multiple inputs and channels.  I tried the Boss RC-300 a few years ago. Interestingly, it has a stereo headphone output. I'm not recommending that particular unit though. I did not keep it for long. I didn't have any issues with it;  I found out, I don't need a looper for my music.

ST

ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi common,

commonstupid posted:

Would actually switching to this looper help if I use Output B with a TRS Cable?

https://static.roland.com/asse...pdf/RC-1_eng03_W.pdf

The inputs and outputs of the Boss RC-1 are unbalanced, so there's no difference compared to the other looper.

The Bose RC-1 should work with your headphones if you use an adapter like this.

Hosa YMP-434 3.5 mm TRSF to Dual 1/4 inch TS Stereo Breakout Cable by Hosa
Hosa YMP-434 Female TRS 1/8-Inch to Dual Male TS 1/4-Inch Stereo Breakout Cable

You will connect the 1/4 inch ends to the Boss RC-1 outputs A and B

Note: This will give you sound in both ears, but it won't be stereo because the T1 is mono.

ST

commonstupid
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 3, 2019

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

To quickly sum it up:

Looper To Headphones: By using this adapter out of the looper I will get double mono to my headphones

https://www.amazon.com/6-3mm-3...+mm+ts+to+3.5+mm+trs

Looper To L1: There is no issue in using a TS cable since the distance to L1 is below 6m and I don´t hear noise.

That´s perfect. Thank you.

ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Common,

Yes, that's a good summary.

commonstupid posted:

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

To quickly sum it up:

Looper To Headphones: By using this adapter out of the looper I will get double mono to my headphones

https://www.amazon.com/6-3mm-3...+mm+ts+to+3.5+mm+trs

Yes, for the Harley Benton Mini Looper

Looper To L1: There is no issue in using a TS cable since the distance to L1 is below 6m and I don´t hear noise.

Yes.

That´s perfect. Thank you.

You're welcome.

ST