tonyparnham
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 9, 2012

T1 Stereo to 2 x S1 pro

I know its possible to set up 2 x S1 Pro's in Stereo from a T4 but can't find anything on using with the T1. (I haven't got a second S1 Pro yet but need to know first before the plunge)

Basically I am wanting the Backing Tracks to come out of my iPad from iTunes (stereo) into the T1 and then Stereo Left and Right into the 2 x S1 Pro's. I use stagetraxx by the way. 

Thanks tony

6 REPLIES 6
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: T1 Stereo to 2 x S1 pro

Hi Tony,

We have two articles: 

If you are using the headphone output from the iPad
T1 ToneMatch® Audio Engine / Stereo Output to Two F1 Systems

If you are using the Lightning port using a USB adapter
T1 ToneMatch® Audio Engine / USB / Output Stereo to Two F1 Systems

The same principles will apply using two S1 Pro systems instead of F1 systems.

Set up the S1 Pro systems like this:

On the S1 Pro System, for each channel you are connecting to the mixer use these settings while you are setting up.

• Reverb OFF
  • Bass at 12:00 o'clock
  • Treble at 12:00 o'clock
  • ToneMatch switch OFF

ST

tonyparnham
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 9, 2012

Hi ST,

Thanks very much, all has become clear.

Best tony

Funkifized
Registered since

Aug 9, 2019

I don't know why your want to run stereo in a live situation, anyway. There's nothing more annoying than sitting on one side of a stage and only hearing bass and drums, be or all keyboards, etc.

tonyparnham
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 9, 2012

Hi Funkifized, yes, you're quite right....you don't know why.

Funkifized
Registered since

Aug 9, 2019

Well, I do know that any place other than the middle of the front of the house is less-than-optimal, so I know that a number of people who run sound in stereo don't understand how the stereo spectrum works, or they don't care how the sound is for their audience. I also know that when my guitar is coming out one side a lot stronger, people seated on the other side tell me that the band sounds good but that they can't hear the guitar. 

I do know some things. I also know that many people try to use Bose products in ways that they're not intended, and then complain that the Bose system doesn't work well. 

tonyparnham
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 9, 2012

Hi again Funkifized, I work with BT's, Lead guitar via multi effects and vocals.

Only the BT's will have a stereo image to get more clarity from their sound but that's if I go ahead and get a second S1 but thanks for your observations.

tony