TheLoungeSinger
Registered since

Apr 29, 2019

T1 Tonematch and iPad Pro 2018 USB-C

Hi,

Glad to be part of the community here. 

I've been searching everywhere to find some information about this but have been unsuccessful.

I currently run my iPad 2 (old school!!) into my T1 Tonematch using a "Golden Gate" 30 pin to stereo RCA cable. 

I'm looking at getting a new 2018 iPad Pro with USB-C and was wondering the best method to connect this up the the Tonematch. 

Does anyone have any experience with plugging the iPad directly into the USB-B port on the the T1. Is there such a lead (USB-C to USB-B) or would i need to a USB-C to USB-A converter first? Would the iPad recognise the T1 is connected and treat it accordingly by sending line level audio out to the T1? 

As an alternative, wire free option..... how good is Bluetooth these days compared to a wired connection? It would be great to go wireless but I'm guessing I would need an AirPlay 2 capable bluetooth receiver for the T1 which presumably would need power so may not actually help in reducing cable clutter.

I'm confusing myself writing all this so any help would be hugely appreciated from the community.

Just as a bit of background if needed.... I'm running an L1 Model 2 with the 2 x B1 Bass modules and the T1 Tonematch. I'm a solo singer and have been using this as my full time gear for over a thousand gigs since Oct 2012. I'm just using the iPad to run backing tracks.

I look forward to hearing back from anyone who can help.

Thanks

Mike

The Lounge Singer

15 REPLIES 15
Jerome_Hillier
Registered since

Apr 13, 2018

Re: T1 Tonematch and iPad Pro 2018 USB-C

Hi 

I use bluetooth into channel 4/5 of the T1 and its never let me down - touch wood 🙂

Jerome_Hillier
Registered since

Apr 13, 2018

& with an ipad also

Dolly1
Registered since

Mar 13, 2019

Jerome Hillier posted:

Hi 

I use bluetooth into channel 4/5 of the T1 and its never let me down - touch wood 🙂

Dolly1
Registered since

Mar 13, 2019

Following. I would like to find out how you use Bluetooth for your backing tracks. I’m using a very similar set up and have been trying to work out how to start a backing track (played on iPad) remotely so I can start my intro track before I get to the stage, as I’m walking through the room. I work as a solo Dolly Parton tribute act and this would really enhance the staging for my show.

Dolly1
Registered since

Mar 13, 2019

Would something like this work if plugged in to one of the channels? https://www.thediscdjstore.com...etooth-receiver.html

TheLoungeSinger
Registered since

Apr 29, 2019

Jerome Hillier posted:

Hi 

Hi Jerome,

What hardware are you using as a Bluetooth receiver to plug into the T1 please?

Thanks

Mike

Jerome_Hillier
Registered since

Apr 13, 2018

TheLoungeSinger posted:
Jerome Hillier posted:

Hi 

Hi Jerome,

What hardware are you using as a Bluetooth receiver to plug into the T1 please?

Thanks

Mike

Hello all , this is what I use for backing tracks with an ipad - its a Logitech BT adapter 

Goes into channel 4/5 of the T1 

Hope this helps 🙂Blue tooth

TheLoungeSinger
Registered since

Apr 29, 2019

Well, just a follow up on my original post, I’ve ordered the iPad so I guess I’ll find out about how the USB-C thing works and report back. It would seem interesting might only be me that even cares about finding out, but just in case..... lol

i think as far as the Bluetooth goes, I’d be interested to find a good quality battery powered receiver as I’m trying to eliminate cables so needing to find an extra power outlet to power the receiver seems to cancel out the benefit I would get by having the iPad wireless. I can understand how it works for you Jerome as I’m guessing for some, being able to have the iPad further from the desk is beneficial, but wouldn’t help me particularly, I just want to plug less stuff in 🙂

ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi TheLoungeSinger,

I've been thinking about the new iPad Pro, but it seems like I just got the 2017 iPad Pro 12.9.  Please let us know how your new iPad with USB-C works with the ToneMatch mixer.

Do a search for USB-C to USB-B cable and you'll find cables like this.

Thanks,

ST