Highlighted
Registered since

Apr 6, 2019

T1 Tonematch to Yamaha MG06 6-channel Mixer

I have my T1 Tonematch that I plug two guitars and two mics into and send everything to my S1.  Works perfect.  The venue we are playing at wants the music to come out of their speakers as well.  They have a Yamaha MG06 6 Channel Mixer.  Whats the best way to set up to have what we are playing coming out of the S1 and their speakers using both the T! and the Yamaha?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: T1 Tonematch to Yamaha MG06 6-channel Mixer

Hi, B-Man.

B-Man posted:

I have my T1 Tonematch that I plug two guitars and two mics into and send everything to my S1.  Works perfect.  

Great!

The venue we are playing at wants the music to come out of their speakers as well.  They have a Yamaha MG06 6 Channel Mixer.  Whats the best way to set up to have what we are playing coming out of the S1 and their speakers using both the T! and the Yamaha?

Looking at manual for the Yamaha MG606 mixer the easiest way to do this is:

Use a 1/4 inch (6.3 mm) Tip-Ring-Sleeve cable* from the S1 Pro Line Out to one Yamaha MG606 channel 1 or channel 2. Engage (push in) the button for the PAD. 

More control - but no reverb:

Use a 1/4 inch (6.3 mm) Tip-Ring-Sleeve cable* from the T1 Aux Output to one Yamaha MG606 channel 1 or channel 2. Engage (push in) the button for the PAD.

You may not want reverb going to the Yamaha MG606. Excessive reverb will make the sound muddy, so overall you may have more volume, but lower intelligibility.  

Using the T1 Aux output allows you to create a separate mix for the Yamaha MG606 (e.g., more vocals, less other things). The T1 Aux out does not have reverb, and in this situation, it may be a better choice.

Please click the picture below for more details.

T1 ToneMatch® Audio Engine Aux Output
--?8T? Please click the picture for more details ?T8?--    

Does that help?

ST 

* For best results use a 1/4 inch (6.3 mm) Tip-Ring-Sleeve cable. You may be able to use a 1/4 inch (6.3mm) Tip-Sleeve cable, but you may pick up line noise or hum, especially if the cable is longer than 20 feet (6 meters).