Highlighted
Registered since

Mar 16, 2015

T1 mic stand mount

Hello all,

I haven't used my Bose for quite some time.  Today, I got it out and set everything up to make sure it's all good for an upcoming gig.

When I mounted the T1 on the mic stand, I was reminded how it's impossible to get anything done with only one hand because the T1 wobbles all over.  The attachment to the stand is solid, it's the T1 sitting on the little post that is a problem.  It will fall off if you look at it the wrong way.

Anyone else have this problem?  How'd you fix it?

I love the Bose but this mount for the T1 flat out sucks. 

Thanks,

Dan

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 14, 2012

Re: T1 mic stand mount

Hi

do you have the support Bar of the mount in line with the bottom of the tone match?

If you look on the bottom of the tone match there is a groove. The support bar post goes in the hole on the bottom of the totem match and the bar itself sits in the groove. It fits better one way than the other so you need to orient it properly

Highlighted
Registered since

Mar 16, 2015

The bar support has a post on both top and bottom.  To my eyes they look the same but the one I had on top won't go completely into the hole on the T1.  I flipped it over and it's better, at least the bar will hit the slot, but it's not as solid as I'd like.  Thanks for the info, this will work for now

Highlighted
Registered since

Mar 16, 2015

I forgot, I wanted to ask if the cord from the T1 to the tower base/amp is a standard Ethernet cable or is it a proprietary cable?  I'd like a little extra length so that when I host an open mic, I can have the T1 a little away from the tower.

Thanks

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 14, 2012

Yes glad it helped

The posts are different size so you have to ensure they line up correctly

I’m not sure if it’s a standard ethernet cable but when I want the tone match further away from the tower I use the AC adaptor for the tone match and then use a standard cable from the main out of the toll match to the tower 

Highlighted
Registered since

Mar 16, 2015

Thanks again for the info.  If a standard Ethernet cable works for the data transfer, have you tried it without the power supply?  Ethernet cable carries power to devices such as digital phones and may provide power to the T1.  This is known as POE (Power Over Ethernet)

Thanks again

Highlighted
Registered since

Mar 16, 2015

http://toonz.ca/bose/wiki/inde...oneMatch%C2%AE_Cable

Googlesearch came up with this:

Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Dan,

Here are some notes about using the T1® Microphone Stand Bracket.

Cheers,

ST

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 14, 2012

Haven’t tried yet.... I’ll experiment this week.  

Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Roger,

Roger Cortina posted:

Yes glad it helped

I’m not sure if it’s a standard ethernet cable but when I want the tone match further away from the tower I use the AC adaptor for the tone match and then use a standard cable from the main out of the toll match to the tower

You can use a standard ethernet cable up to 50 feet long between the T1 and the Model II in place of the standard ToneMatch cable. That carries the digital signal from the T1 to the Power Stand, and power from the Power Stand to the T1. 

ST