Dewey123
Registered since

Nov 15, 2019

T1 not communicating with base unit

I've tried everything to get the updates to base unit. But because the tonematch unit will not communicate with the base unit the undate is impossible to perform. I have the blue screen of death because the tonematch and the base unit doesn't recognise each other. I sent the tonematch unit in for servicing to have the firmware updates added. It seems maybe it wasn't the tonematch unit it's the base unit ..how can I update it if it will not communicate with the tonematch???? Very frustrating .

10 REPLIES 10
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: T1 not communicating with base unit

Hi Dewey123,

Thank you for joining the Bose Portable PA Community.  Welcome.

I'm sorry you're having problems with the T1 and the base unit. Let's figure out what's going on.

Dewey123 posted:

I've tried everything to get the updates to base unit. But because the tonematch unit will not communicate with the base unit the undate is impossible to perform. I have the blue screen of death because the tonematch

If the T1 screen is blank (no text visible), then there is an issue with the T1 (regardless of whether or not the T1 is communicating with the base unit (power stand)). It must be serviced by Bose.

and the base unit doesn't recognise each other. I sent the tonematch unit in for servicing to have the firmware updates added.

Usually, when Bose services a T1, they update the firmware to the latest version.

It seems maybe it wasn't the tonematch unit it's the base unit ..how can I update it if it will not communicate with the tonematch???? Very frustrating .

Which model of L1 are you connecting to the T1? (L1 Model 1S or L1 Model II)

Are you using the ToneMatch cable (square ends inside a round barrel) to connect to the power stand?

Have you tried a different cable? You can use a standard network cable (CAT-5 or CAT-6) will work fine.

What problem are you trying to solve by updating the firmware in the power stand?

How old is the power stand?

Do you have a B2 bass module? If not, you don't need to update the firmware.

If you have a B2, does the system work when you have the B2 switch in the + or - positions?

B2 Bass Level Switch

[local image not available]

If you have a B2 and the switch works in all three positions, then the firmware in the power stand is up-to-date.

If you have a B2 and it only works with the switch in the middle position, you'll need to send the power stand in to be serviced.  Please contact Bose Support and tell them the history of the problem with the T1 as well as the power stand.

Bose® Product & Technical Support at (877) 335-2673
(U.S. and Canada only)
Monday-Friday: 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM ET
Other regions

ST

Dewey123
Registered since

Nov 15, 2019

My tonematch was just serviced by bose. Thinking it was the reason for the blank blue screen. Have a friend with the same units. My tonematch works with his unit and my tonematch works with his base unit. Pics of my units. 15738651974773182098451573865237262160194663415738652529261705520686

ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Dewey123,

Thanks for your reply and pictures.

Dewey123 posted:

My tonematch was just serviced by bose. Thinking it was the reason for the blank blue screen. Have a friend with the same units. My tonematch works with his unit and my tonematch works with his base unit. Pics of my units. 

Great! We know your T1 is working.

You have an L1 Model II (below)  - this is a correction.

You have a B1 Bass Module (below).

Edit - correction

I understand you are concerned because the T1 won't recognize

However, the L1 Model 1S Power Stand.  you don't need to update the firmware. There have been no firmware updates to the L1 Model 1S power stand

If the unit is functioning properly, you can continue to use it as it is. 

What problem are you trying to solve?

ST

Dewey123
Registered since

Nov 15, 2019

Bose tells me I need to update the firmware on the S1 power stand.  If the power stand and the tonematch unit can't communicate you can not update it with your computer . With the blank blue screen your CPU doesn't pick up either the tonematch or the stand units . Is there a way to update the power stand without using the tonematch .

ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Dewey123,

I'm sorry, I was mistaken when I said you have an L1 Model 1S. You have an L1 Model II.

Back in a minute.

ST

ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Dewey123,

Let's dig in a little deeper.

Dewey123 posted:

Bose tells me I need to update the firmware on the S1 power stand. 

I've corrected my post above. You have an L1 Model II. There has been one major firmware update, and that is to allow compatibility with the B2 Bass Module.

If the power stand and the tonematch unit can't communicate you can not update it with your computer .

That's right.  But since you don't have a B2 you don't need to do a firmware update.

With the blank blue screen your CPU doesn't pick up either the tonematch or the stand units .

Is your T1 still showing a blank blue screen?

Is there a way to update the power stand without using the tonematch .

No. To update the L1 Model II Power Stand, you have to connect a computer to the T1 and the T1 to the power stand. But - you don't need to update the power stand.

Is there another issue you are trying to solve by updating the firmware?

ST

Dewey123
Registered since

Nov 15, 2019

My T1 works perfectly on another power stand .I sent the T1 in for servicing and they did a perfect job on it ..problem is when I got it back the blank blue screen is still there only when using my power stand ..using another stand it works perfect . I'm think the power stand is crapped out .

ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Dewey123,

Dewey123 posted:

My T1 works perfectly on another power stand .I sent the T1 in for servicing and they did a perfect job on it ..problem is when I got it back the blank blue screen is still there only when using my power stand ..using another stand it works perfect . I'm think the power stand is crapped out .

Oh - okay. I'm sorry it took me so long to understand.

The power stand will have to go to Bose to be serviced.  Please call them.

Bose® Product & Technical Support at (877) 335-2673
(U.S. and Canada only)
Monday-Friday: 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM ET
Other regions

Thanks,

ST

Dewey123
Registered since

Nov 15, 2019

Thanks for your input. The issue I'm having is the Blank Blue Screen. And it's caused because the Tonematch is not communicating with the speak stand unit .