Highlighted
Registered since

Aug 30, 2009

T1 routing question

Is it possible, while routing a signal out of the preamp out, to not have it also coming out of the master out? I know its easy to keep it out of the aux out, but not sure about the master out.
My goal is to run separate outs to a master mixer so that I can run stereo backing tracks plus individual instruments, all individually controlled from the the 2nd mixer. I would use usb for the stereo backing tracks, no doubt coming out of the master and aux channels, but I don't want my live instrument tracks duplicated through the master.
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: T1 routing question

Hi brysava,

The T1® Channel Preamp Outputs are post trim only. That means that the signal that you tap at that point has not passed through any of the T1® processing.

To prevent the signal that you have tapped at the Preamp Out from being heard at the Master Out you can mute the channel. This will mute the signal at the ToneMatch port too.

The signal sent through the Master Output is basically an analog clone of the digital signal at the ToneMatch port.

If you need the signal to pass through the ToneMatch port but NOT the Master Output - you can't do that.

Does that answer your question?

ST
Highlighted
Advisor
Registered since

Dec 13, 2013

Re: T1 routing question

Hi brysava,

ST has explained the situation that you've questioned.

Just a thought:

Depending on the mixer you're using: if it has preamp outs for all the channels you could eventually do it the other way round. By that I mean route everything through first through the second mixer and only the instruments that need to go through the T1 would need to be then taken from the preamp outs to the T1. You could mute those instruments on the mixer if you don't want them going into the analogue input. The T1 you would then send out through the Tonematch connection.

Does that make sense? It's just a quick thought as I'm basically only on a flying visit through the forum.

Tony