Highlighted
Registered since

Apr 28, 2018

T1® to two L1 Model IIs

Hi all. I am certainly not a newbie to sound systems, etc. but I am a newbie to the L1 Model 2 with B2's system I just received. I have read up a lot but I still want to get proper guidance on several things. I am going to ask them all in this thread rather than starting a bunch of different threads on the forum.

1. OK, I have already hooked up one L1 Model 2 with two B2 subs, using the Packlite amp. No problem. But now I want to hook up the second L1 Model 2. Oh yeah, forgot to say I am using a T1 mixer. So I read that the Tonematch cable will send signal to the first tower and that I should use the Main output on the T1 to send the signal to the second tower. Is that correct? Then the Master volume will control both towers. BUT, what if I want to be able to set different volumes for the two towers. Can that be done?

2. I am testing using a USB connection from my laptop to the T1 and then setting the output in Virtual DJ to use that connection. It sounds pretty good but I don't have a lot of experience sending source material using USB. Is the source signal as good quality as using a high end USB sound card, which is what I had been doing. The USB from computer is certainly convenient but I don't want to degrade the quality of my source in any way.

3. Moved to a separate discussion: T1 with a digital mixer

4. Moved to separate discussion: L1 Model II with QSC K131 subwoofer

Thanks everyone for the support in this forum. I think once I get these few questions answered I will be set (yeah probably not :-).

Rob

Edit title and split topic. Title previously "Some Newbie Questions"

-- Bose Pro Community Admin

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Registered since

Jul 13, 2015

Re: T1® to two L1 Model IIs

Hi Rob,

Edit: Reply moved to separate discussions referenced above.

Bose Pro Community Admin

Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Rob,

EBDS posted:

Hi all. I am certainly not a newbie to sound systems, etc. but I am a newbie to the L1 Model 2 with B2's system I just received. I have read up a lot but I still want to get proper guidance on several things. I am going to ask them all in this thread rather than starting a bunch of different threads on the forum.

Please start separate discussions for different questions. That's preferable for others who are searching for answers to similar questions and keep each discussion more focused. 

1. OK, I have already hooked up one L1 Model 2 with two B2 subs, using the Packlite amp. No problem. But now I want to hook up the second L1 Model 2. Oh yeah, forgot to say I am using a T1 mixer. So I read that the Tonematch cable will send signal to the first tower and that I should use the Main output on the T1 to send the signal to the second tower. Is that correct? Then the Master volume will control both towers. BUT, what if I want to be able to set different volumes for the two towers. Can that be done?

You can adjust the volume of the Model II Power Stand that is connected through the analog Master output. There's a trim control for on the Model II Power Stand  Analog Input.

The other approach is to set up a separate mix using the T1 ToneMatch® Audio Engine Aux Output

EBDS posted:

2. I am testing using a USB connection from my laptop to the T1 and then setting the output in Virtual DJ to use that connection. It sounds pretty good but I don't have a lot of experience sending source material using USB. Is the source signal as good quality as using a high end USB sound card, which is what I had been doing. The USB from computer is certainly convenient but I don't want to degrade the quality of my source in any way.

There are lots high end USB sound cards.  I haven't found anything I like better than the T1® for this purpose.  But if you have a high end USB sound card, please tell us which you prefer.

ST

Answers to 3 and 4 moved to separate discussions referenced above.

Bose Pro Community Admin.

Registered since

May 28, 2009

1. You could set the trim control on the second (Analogue connection) L1 to reduce the output in comparison to the other (digital connection) L1. Alternatively use a mixer that has stereo outputs and have control of the levels at the mixer.

2. The built in A/D convertor (soundcard) in the T1 is top quality with great specifications, no gain in using a seperate soundcard in the chain.

Edit:

Answers to 3 and 4 moved to separate discussions referenced above.

Bose Pro Community Admin