Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlanC76
Participant
Registered since

May 7, 2018

T1 with BOSS ME-70 : help please !

All in the title, but not sure where to ask... !
I used my ME-70 guitar fx unit Saturday with my new T1 and was amazed how bad it sounded Frown
Guitar is a Variax JTV-59. Tried several settings on the T1 but didn't have much time to play around before the gig.
I used the "general processor" setting and the sound was real thin, nothing in the bass area.

Any help would be appreciated ! Thanks

Alan (from Normandy)
3 REPLIES 3
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: T1 with BOSS ME-70 : help please !

Hi Alan,

I'm just reading up about your Boss ME-70: Guitar Multiple Effects Unit.

In the meantime - please try bypassing the Preset.
Just set the Rotary Selector to ToneMatch® and Press the left most button under the display (Category). This will bypass all the Presets.

How does that sound?

I'll be back shortly, just digging into the ME-70 owners manual
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Alan,

From what I can see, in the ME-70 TurboStart Guide the main outputs "ME-70’s L(MONO) GUITAR AMP" are for connection to gutar amps. and the "ME-70’s stereo REC OUT/PHONES" are going to be more appropriate for connection to an L1®.

Which output did you use?

quoting from the TurboStart Guide.

• Use the ME-70’s stereo REC OUT/PHONES output if you want to listen through • headphones, a PA system, a hard disk or multi-track recorder’s inputs, or any other line-level device.

• Use the ME-70’s L(MONO) GUITAR AMP jack if you’re connecting the ME-70 to • a mono guitar amp. If you’re using a stereo guitar amp, connect the amp to the ME-70’s L (MONO) and R GUITAR AMP jacks.
AlanC76
Participant
Registered since

May 7, 2018

Hi ST,

Thanks for the replies. A fellow ME-70 guy pointed out the REC OUT option a while back when I moaned about the sound quality running direct to my Yam mixer. (COuld have read the manual I suppose Roll Eyes )

Didn't realise you could switch out the TM settings, thanks for the tip ! I'll give it a try later today and let you know the result.