Highlighted
Registered since

Apr 28, 2018

T1 with a digital mixer

Spun off from: T1® to two L1 Model IIs

I have been using a good digital mixer before now. Would I be better off continuing to use that mixer and just sending the source signal to two channels on the T1? Would the source quality be better than using USB?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Registered since

Jul 13, 2015

Re: T1 with a digital mixer

Hi Rob,

Since I don't use a Bose mixer I can't help you with anything related to that but I CAN answer questions 3 & 4. I have been using my L1 MIIs with several digital mixers (Presonus, Behringer, and Midas) and prefer the flexibility that they offer for my particular needs. 

As far as question 3 goes, what would be the purpose of routing an external mixer through the T1? I have always believed that the less things in the signal chain, the better. Using the other mixer would allow you to easily incorporate your KW181 sub by assigning it to an aux output so you can send only the low frequency instruments to it (ex - kick drum and bass guitar) so you don't have to stress out the B2s. I use this type of setup for larger gigs and it works VERY well since an 18" sub compliments the L1/ B2 nicely. If you're not familiar with "aux fed subs" check it out on YouTube.

Good luck with your L1s, I'm sure you'll love them more and more every time you use them!

Highlighted
Registered since

May 28, 2009

3. As Rob has stated above adding another mixer in the chain is not a good idea unless you require more channels than either one provides on it's own in which case it's time to buy a bigger mixer.

Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

I have been using a good digital mixer before now. Would I be better off continuing to use that mixer and just sending the source signal to two channels on the T1? Would the source quality be better than using USB?

Hard to predict without knowing what mixer you've got.

Try it both ways. Please tell us what you hear.

Then try running the balanced analog outputs from your mixer to the two L1 Model II - Analog Inputs. That will give you a shorter signal path and free up on of the inputs on your T1®.

ST