Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 16, 2015

T4S Bass Preset routing to S1 Pro

My PA now consists of a T4S and 2 S1 Pros.  Occasionally, I get asked to fill in for a friend of mine as host of an open mic.   This is your typical acoustic open mic but quite often a guy shows up to play bass and wants to run through the PA.

When I had my L1 M2 with B1 or B2, I'd just select the appropriate BASS PRESET for his channel, and it sounded like a million bucks.

If I use one of the BASS PRESETS on the T4S, then send the bass signal to the S1 Pros, will the S1s be able to handle it?  I don't want to be a jerk and say absolutely NO, but I don't want to take a chance on blowing a speaker in my S1s either.

Has anyone run a bass through a ToneMatch mixer, routing the main out to S1 Pros?  Thoughts on doing so? Volume levels?

Thanks,

Dan

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: T4S Bass Preset routing to S1 Pro

Hi Dan,

Have the bass player come over and check it out before attempting to run the bass through the S1 Pro (with or without the T4S).  At low volume, it will probably sound okay. But you should test it before you get to a gig OR have the bass player bring his own amp just in case.

Please come back and tell us what you hear.

Thanks,

ST

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 16, 2015

Logistically, it's tough to test before hand, we live in opposite directions from the Open Mic and we're both pretty far away.  That said, assuming I cover the open mic again, I could ask him to show up early and give it a shot.

My biggest concern, above  how it sounds, is I don't want to do any damage to my system.  Is there any chance that the low bass frequencies would do damage to the speaker in any way, at any volume?

Thanks,

Dan

Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Dan,

You won't hurt the S1 Pro running a bass through it. As you know, you can play pre-recorded music through the S1 Pro and it's fine up to the limits of the device.  If you push beyond what it can do, it might distort or simply not reproduce the sounds.  If you hear distortion, turn down the volume. 

ST

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 16, 2015

Thanks ST, I'll give it a shot at some point.  I'll be traveling for a couple of months so it probably won't come up for a while.  But, I'm sure it will happen eventually so I wanted to be ahead of the game if that's possible.