Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ScubaBadger
Advocate
Registered since

Sep 16, 2019

T4S Channels 5/6 volume control

Am I right in thinking rapid access to volume control on channels 5/6 is buried under: Master rotary set to Pan/Aux>Menu>Aux In>5 LVL & 6LVL ?

If that is true - on a live stage monitoring mic volumes, effects and then overall volume changes of individual tracks coming in off an iPad / Tablet or mobile is going to be a nightmare I hadn't anticipated.

The ability to "PAN" channels left and right, I understand.

Two separate volume controls for a stereo signal in is in my view ridiculous and adds stress - for if a sudden burst from a louder than average track has to be dealt with by dialling in Master rotary set to Pan/Aux>Menu>Aux In>5 LVL & 6LVL then the time taken to get there is going to be uncomfortable at best.

I normally have my master selector on "Reverb" so I can adjust the amount in use on any given track, now I'll have to leave it on this window...Channels 5/6 volume controls buried in the menu system

aux 5-6 volume controls buried
Channels 5/6 volume controls buried in the menu - bad...

In my opinion the new headphone control button should have been controlling 5/6 channels so much easier.

Starting to hate the T4S before I've even gigged it... 

3 REPLIES 3
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: T4S Channels 5/6 volume control

Hi ScubaBadger,

Yes. The level controls for the Aux inputs 5/6 are as you described. The Aux inputs are best suited to sources that have volume, EQ, and other signal processing handled at the source.  Examples include keyboards, guitar amp modellers, instruments with volume and tone controls, DJ consoles.

"if a sudden burst from a louder than average track" is best handled by adjusting the volume on the iPad / Tablet.

ST

ScubaBadger
Advocate
Registered since

Sep 16, 2019

I guess for best control I could buy a small mixer to run the iPad into and come out of that into the T4S aux ins... but that’s so damned annoying when an overall pot as per T1 was a no-brainer - which I’m struggling to understand was either overlooked or configured by people who don’t use the kit on a daily basis.

BurchSung
Registered since

Jun 13, 2018