MColin28
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 4, 2016

T4S Power Issue - L1s

Hi all!

I tried searching, but haven’t succeeded. 

Lately, I’ve been playing a trio gig and had all sorts of power issues with my T4S. Hoping someone can help before I got insane or buy the T8S (which I can’t afford)

I connect my T1 (original) to power source and plugin. I take that master out, and I send to T4S on an input channel. There is my guitar and 2x vox on T4S PLUS the input of the T1. The T4S is powered by Ethernet to my L1s. Then, I’m sending an six out to a monitor. About 4-5 songs in, T4S just wets the bed. Totally shuts down - almost looks like a power surge and kapoot. So, I power it with another power adapter and run a 1/4 cable out of T4S to L1s. Then, bass doesn’t come thru. Sooooo frustrated and losing my mind. 

1) What’s the deal with power? Seems the sub worked fine when Ethernet cable was connected. But when I went 1/4 into the base of L1s, no bass. 

2) Why is the T4S just shutting down? I don’t mind running power to it and a 1/4 cable, but I lose the bass. What gives? 

please, someone, help!!! This is a reoccurring issue and I have some very high profile gigs coming up....

2 REPLIES 2
David_G

Re: T4S Power Issue - L1s

Hi MColin28 and welcome to the Pro-Portable Community.

When you are powering the T4S with an external power supply and you run the output via 1/4", does this setup prevent the mixer from sporadically powering off? If so, it may be that the Bose PowerStand is actually faulty and requires to be serviced. I would encourage you to contact Bose Pro Support for further troubleshooting and if required, you should have the PowerStand repaired.

Here is the link for Bose Support - https://global.bose.com/en_us/support_sites.html

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply. If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
MColin28
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 4, 2016

Re: T4S Power Issue - L1s

No, when I power supply to 1/4, it's totally fine.  AND, when I do the exact same setup with the T1, no power issues.  Still same problem.  Likely going with the L1 Pro16, so hopefully that'll work itself out.