Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Noojin
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 7, 2018

T4S Reverb, Aux Output Jacks, and Reverb on Aux

Daniel Blohm posted:

Hi.

Since i really love my T1 mixer and I really needed more channels, I "uppgraded" to T8S, and have now tested it booth live and compared it side by side to the T1.

Here are my thoughts and questions:

The sound without effects is very close, but I do feel that I can hear some small differences in the preamps. Little more defined in the highs and lows compared to the T1. But they do sound very similar.

I tried to copy all the settings from my T1 that always sounded great in every situations. But got a little bit confused when it came to the Reverb, I couldn´t event get close to the reverb sounds on the T1. That was something we really noticed at the gig a couple days ago. It sounded not at all like it used to. Totally dry.

I read yesterday that there was some firmware updates, and some of them was about the reverb. So I A/B tested my T8S and T1 before I did the update to 10.0.10. And A/B tested them afterwards, and they do still sound totally different.

In my T1 I have a medium reverb set to 1.70s Bal:50%. And the channel mix 40% and bright 50%. And that works great with a Shure Beta58.

If I try to set the same on the T8S (the difference is that the time i set to % instead of s. But the 1.70s is about 50% so I set the percentage to 50% to start with.) And I cant´t here no reverb at all. No differens in sound if I mute the reverb or unmute it.

If I increase the percentage to nearly full, and the bright to 100% there is reverb but its still darker and "muffled" kind of in the background and not close to the sound. And sounds sort of metallic (like it does when you overdoing the settings on the reberb) It doesnt sound good at all, unuseful to me, unfortently.

I was hoping that the T8S should have the same or a little better reverb than the T1, wich have a good reverb, but not as good as my RCF M18-mixer. But the T8S reverb is really a couple steps down from the T1.

Or have I missed anything? Any settings, or other upgrades beside the firmware 10.0.10?

I was planning to sell my T1 and RCF M18, and replace them with the T8S, but at the moment thats impossible because of the reverb actually.

I would really like to get some comments on this thread. 
Thanks

/ Daniel

The T4 reverbs are terrible in my opinion compared to the T1...I can't use the T4 like it is..will an update load the reverbs like is in the T1...and also they wired up the Aux1 and Aux 2 outputs backwards ...somehow  and also I have no reverb on the dedicated Aux 1 out...as advertised...will an update fix any of this does anyone know...Bose dropped the ball big-time 

14 REPLIES 14
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: T4S Reverb, Aux Output Jacks, and Reverb on Aux

Hi JamesB,

Thank you for joining the Bose Portable PA Community.

JamesB posted:

The T4 reverbs are terrible in my opinion compared to the T1...I can't use the T4 like it is..will an update load the reverbs like is in the T1...and also they wired up the Aux1 and Aux 2 outputs backwards ...somehow  and also I have no reverb on the dedicated Aux 1 out...as advertised...will an update fix any of this does anyone know...Bose dropped the ball big-time 

It sounds like you need to update your firmware.

T4S Firmware Updates

Then please try the settings I gave Max (Steinberger) above and tell us what you hear.

ST posted:

Hi Max,

Here are two groups of settings to try.

Reverb Type: Large

Time 70%  Bal 75

Reverb - Mix 50% Bright 50% 

--- or ---

Reverb Type: Plate

Time 40%  Bal 75

Reverb - Mix 50% Bright 50% 

--------

If these seem too dry - raise the Time.

If these seem too dark - increase the Bright

Please let us know what you hear.

Thanks,

ST

Thanks,

ST

Noojin
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 7, 2018

ST posted:

Hi JamesB,

JamesB posted:

T4S Firmware Updates

Then please try the settings I gave Max (Steinberger) above and tell us what you hear.

Thanks,

ST

This link is not offering the latest update..it only offers the version. That the T4 came with..if you watch the video ...in the video it does offer that guy the option of the latest v1.1.4...but when I click on the T4 master file it only offers the v1.1.0...which is what I have on the mixer....so I just don't know what to think about all this..it's kinda like a big hassle for a product that I just paid $599 for ..why would Bose ship out mixers that were not ready to use???

Noojin
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 7, 2018

The link does not offer the latest update for the T4... In the video.. it gives that guy the latest version ..but not me

Noojin
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 7, 2018

After further review and after an update ...the auxillary outputs are working ..the auxillary 1  reverb is working as well. 

The reverbs did not change ...from the update..the update corrected the auxillary issues only.

However I am going to give the T4 a chance ..Although the reverbs are completely different from the T1...the reverbs seem to come in after the vocal ...where as the T1 comes in  right from the get go...and thru out...but the T4 might induce a clearer vocal ..with more clarity..and then apply the reverb on the tail end...is what I'm thinking....but the T1 sure is awesome...if it had only had reverb on auxillary out for a monitor...but who knows the T4 might do the job.

Jody Upp
Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 3, 2018

I feel for ya, I too had trouble even after a firmware update, and I thought about returning my T8, but everything else was great and I needed the extra channels for drum mics and line in's from bass amp and the steel guitar players mic'd amp, which like most steel players, he uses his own reverb. I run the vocals through the T1 connect it to the T8, problem solved if you only need 2 or 3 mics

ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi JamesB

JamesB posted:

The link does not offer the latest update for the T4... In the video.. it gives that guy the latest version ..but not me

I shot the video a couple of months ago. You are seeing me install version

The latest version is

I've put a note below the video to help people to understand that.

ST

John_Marshall
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 6, 2015

Hi James and Daniel,

I have been informed by Bose that they are currently working on the T4/T8 reverbs.  I have done a lot of A/B ing between T1 & T4 units and I much preferred the reverb on T1.  Here are 3 points that Bose said they will be implementing on T4/8:

1. Increase the rT on Large Hall and Cavern to 10 seconds.

2. Increasing the overall mix % of the reverb return to better match the T1.

3. Increasing the brightness of the reverb tail to sound like the T1.

I'm not sure about the   3rd one but the first two are important and will have to see how it turns out in comparison to the T1!  James you mention about the vocals and reverb kicking in slightly later making vocals clearer, that's the pre-delay Bose have set in that reverb.  The problem with it being fixed is that it may work in some situations but not others.  I use reverb and need it to kick in immediately, so it would be more useful if that was  adjustable! where you can just dial in less or more or no pre-delay.  Anyway, I'm hoping that Bose are going to improve the T4/8 reverb as it's an important part of my music.  By the way, they are working on it now and are hoping to be testing the new reverb in September and then we will have the software or firmware updates.  I'd rather wait a bit longer for them to get it right than for it to be rushed out...... So, let's see what happens in September.  When it's ready I would think they'll post it on forum.

ScubaBadger
Advocate
Registered since

Sep 16, 2019

To be honest, I’m past the point of worrying about the built in reverb.

I am budgeting to buy a BOSS VE-20 reverb unit.

The VE-20 is far superior to the built in reverbs on both T1 and T4 which even if you get it right for one song is not necessarily right for all the others.

It also has more presets than I’ll ever use so I can name a preset the same as a song title and have it spot on for every song and even then according to venue you can up or down the mix on the fly.

Can only up and down mix and brightness on fly on the Bose products but even then further adjusts have to be done via menu options which is no way to be running a live performance in my view.

cheers

Dave

shaime
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 29, 2013

ST posted:

Hi JamesB,

JamesB posted:

T4S Firmware Updates

Thanks,

ST

I am having the same issues. 

ST, where are the settings that you are talking about?